Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Winners today:- 3rd fav, fav, fav, fav, fav, 2nd fav, 2nd fav.

Ground not throwing up much in the way of surprises.

I would be prepared to back him at Aintree against Footpad.

I'm happy to write off today's run completely.
I might back him at Aintree against Petit Mouchoir due to the flatter track, but against Footpad? No chance imo. Likelihood is both Irish horses will wait for Punchestown anyway. Footpad is clearly the horse to take out of todays race and if he was in that same race at Warwick where SC was impressive, Footpad would still win, and comfortably imo.

Mullins already talking about the Gold Cup with him so prepare yourself for some 1st grade mucking about.

Ruby doesn't seem so sure on account of the sire Creachadoir never having raced beyond 10f

Yorkhill deja vu. Ruby thought he'd win the ankle with his mouth open. Willie thought he was a champion hurdler all along. Who exactly had him down as a Gold Cup horse?

I've never liked Presenting Percy, wish I had now, the Monalee Samcro double down the swanner. Still won a tidy amount on Samcro though.

Monalee was buzzy. Not helpful in that ground.

Don't write him off yet.

He never really settled and had him written off quite a way out. However, he didn't look like he was stopping come up the hill - but can't see him ever getting near the winner, he rocketed away and looks different class entirely.

He never really settled and had him written off quite a way out. However, he didn't look like he was stopping come up the hill - but can't see him ever getting near the winner, he rocketed away and looks different class entirely.

I'm still a fan. Horse is in good hands. Maybe not for Punchestown but Monalee has a big race in him.

Super performance from PP.

All through the race he looked as though he was taking two strides to the others' three.

i dont disagree but not as if percy had a best mate style prep either

percy as impressive a winner as there was all week

Back