Novice Chasers 2017/2018

JLT has its place and has thrown some very good winners during its brief tenure on the calendar.

It doesn’t look a vintage Arkle at this stage, but it’s very early days in the season, and too early to be writing the race off, I reckon. Regardless, it’s not a reason to yank the JLT, which is a legitimate event in its own right, and whose runners would likely be also-rans in the main, over the minimum-trip.

Last edited:
A few novice chasers out tomorrow and the race I'm looking forward to is the Uttox 14.45

Supreme 3rd River Wylde is rightly favourite, but I'll be having a few quid on Hells Kitchen. If he learns to settle then could turn out to be a bit special and I'll be amazed if he doesn't go much shorter than 11-4 in running

A nice start from Benatar there. A bit novicey early on I thought and pulled hard but obviously quite some engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willoughby Court was very poor for me, JLT bound but not one for me based on that run. Just didn't look comfortable throughout. Long way off mind just an early observation.

Was just about to say the same, Bonjers. With the benefit of hindsight I shouldn't have took him out my ten to follow lists now! But I didn't actually know he was going novice chasing.

Surely. He looks made for the race. I have him in a worryingly large early portfolio for this years Festival.

He also has Bacardys in there too, PJ. :ninja:

Don't see him there

attachment.php

Attachments

• navan.JPG
    navan.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 31
Noticed he was 6/4 with B365, but can’t get on with them. Anyone else betting on it?

Presumably the market takes a positive view of De Plotting Shed’s effort behind Presenting Percy, hence the seemingly generous price on Bacardys? If so, I expect that confidence will be misplaced.

I await Bacardys entry into the novice-chase ranks with much relish, and reckon he can go right to the top. I love unflashy, straight-forward, dare-I-say-workmanlike, scopey, street-brawler types like him as staying-novice-chasers.

Last edited:
Back