Novice Chasers 2017/2018

No, partly because I'm obviously not such a massive player as you are (congratulations on that by the way) and partly because I'm not taking a stance either way.

You however are passing up a huge opportunity to lay a horse at what must be colossal sums of money which you are sure won't run . I do hope you're also in possession of the knowledge of when HdB will drop this bombshell or else that gem of information will count for zilch.

This is the comment made by HdB after Monalee's chase debut. I believe this is what a lot of folk have been referring to when suggesting Monalee may not even go to Cheltenham.

On the possibility of targeting the RSA Chase at Cheltenham, he (HdB) said:

“It's a race that I've always been a little bit wary of. I've had the odd runner in it but not a fancied one.

“That's all a long way away and we'll just try and get to Leopardstown at Christmas, that's a massive one for us."

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

No, partly because I'm obviously not such a massive player as you are (congratulations on that by the way) and partly because I'm not taking a stance either way.

You however are passing up a huge opportunity to lay a horse at what must be colossal sums of money which you are sure won't run . I do hope you're also in possession of the knowledge of when HdB will drop this bombshell or else that gem of information will count for zilch.

You weren't around when I was telling everyone on here that Henry's father had ten times his max on Sizing Europe for Arkle.

Again, if you've got the inside track on stable decisions I don't understand your reluctance to lay him. It's probably because the decision is not quite as 100% as your first post implied. The rest of us are working on the quote DH has just posted, which to me doesn't commit either way.

To win €200 you would have to lay at an average price of 10/1-the money would be tied up until the Wednesday of the festival-doesn’t make sense to me.

Take a price on one or two you do like then. They'll be a lot shorter when your prediction comes true and you can then lay off if that's what floats your boat.

Not beating much though is he. Are they running Invitation Only in the 4 miler or summink. His form is decent and the price is just too big.

Percy will give them all a slap if he runs in the RSA, I reckon.

And he’ll win a dozen lengths, if they put him in the 4-Miler.

Percy will give them all a slap if he runs in the RSA, I reckon.

And he’ll win a dozen lengths, if they put him in the 4-Miler.

Percy should be clear fav in my book
Winning that Pertemps off near top weight as well as his chasing exploits this season is much better form than anything Monalee has achieved.

Doubled him with Samcro (protection for OTBS) don't like the vibes surrounding Monalee.

Backed Al Boum Photo NRNB for the JLT at 9s. Race looks almost as weak as the RSA and the market leaders are largely full of holes.

Doubled him with Samcro (protection for OTBS) don't like the vibes surrounding Monalee.

Backed Al Boum Photo NRNB for the JLT at 9s. Race looks almost as weak as the RSA and the market leaders are largely full of holes.

I like Al Boum a lot -14/1 to win any race at the festival with Hills.

Presenting Percy getting an entry in the Gold Cup!!! Am I missing something here! A lot of you boys obviously hold him in high esteem.

He’s a solid handicapper in my mind but a Cheltenham handicap hurdle last year in a listed company is his best form. Every time he’s gone into graded company he struggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He does have the profile of a horse who can boss handicaps but can’t cut it in graded company. Though that could still change in time.

I can’t believe they would entertain the Gold Cup though. Irish Nash would be a much better call and the Gold Cup would take too much out of him, plus when do the weights come out for the latter ? - I presume it’s post Cheltenham in which case even a reasonable place in the Gold Cup would see him lugging a welter burden at Fairyhouse.

The RSA could take a lot out of him too so if he were mine I’d go NH Chase then Fairyhouse. But then I do have an ante post voucher for the 4 miler and nowt for the RSA :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Every time he’s gone into graded company he struggles.

"Every time" equates to a single run in a G1 Bumper, a single run in a G1 hurdle, and a single run in a G1 novice chase. He's beaten around a dozen lengths in all three, granted, but it hardly exposes him as not good enough at the level, KA - especially so over fences.

A Gold Cup entry would absolutely be tilting at windmills (and won't happen, imo) , but his form - and handicap mark - certainly warrant his place at the head of the RSA betting,

Last edited:
A poor RSA granted Grasshopper with doubts over Monalee lining up. For me now he’s well held in graded form. The Florida Pearl Jury Duty beat him in is a G2 and he was beat 13L in that too.

I think he might have a grade 3 in him but a G1 is stretching it. If Monalee doesn’t go Yanworth over a trip that suits will take my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back