Novice Chasers 2018/2019

Please I saw this & did likewise, thanks Slim

I wasn't as dogmatic about this one because Lostintranslation looked a fair opponent but at the prices the mare was the bet. She was mighty impressive especially going to the front by a few lengths when she wanted.

I wasn't as dogmatic about this one because Lostintranslation looked a fair opponent but at the prices the mare was the bet. She was mighty impressive especially going to the front by a few lengths when she wanted.

Pretty much my assumption as well. From 2 out Johnson was holding back a lot of horse whilst Power was full at it. Lostintranslation one to still keep an eye on, stayed on well enough, and I've always believed Tizzards runners come good after Christmas.

Tricky one what to do with La Bague Au Roi, a real smart mare, but I believe she's a few pound off being grade 1.

Not unusual for Gigginstown to send one of their good novices to the 4-miler, and he may want further than the RSA trip if the ground is on the quicker side. Reckon this one is a relentless stayer.

That’s the theory anyway.

Oleary has said if a horse is no good it goes to the 4 miler.

Granted plenty of good horses have come out of it now

I thought Roys Baguette did it very nicely and would clean up mares chases if they decide to focus on those. I hope they don't. Lostintransalation also ran a super race, jumping great in the main and will win plenty

I've layed him for a few quid on the basis that his sires progeny nearly always underperform their achievements over hurdlers when put over the bigger obstacles. Also the fact he's up against three decent rivals.

I suppose if you're going to oppose a hot favourite do it against an odds on shot first time up. It's a big call in this instance though Brian. He'd have an engine almost two stones better than this lot and even if he's not quite at his best, if his jumping is just okay, he wins this. Also I don't mind Kalanisi's to be honest. Quite a few carry their heads high and that's probably what you're referring to I guess, but I haven't noticed that with Kalashnikov. It screams 'leave alone race' to me.

I suppose if you're going to oppose a hot favourite do it against an odds on shot first time up. It's a big call in this instance though Brian. He'd have an engine almost two stones better than this lot and even if he's not quite at his best, if his jumping is just okay, he wins this. Also I don't mind Kalanisi's to be honest. Quite a few carry their heads high and that's probably what you're referring to I guess, but I haven't noticed that with Kalashnikov. It screams 'leave alone race' to me.

One to watch with interest. Cause no doubt even if Kalashnikov scrapes round he'll be seriously short next time out.

I'm still convinced he needs further, his form does say otherwise though.

I think he'll need a bit further in top graded company
I disagree PJ. All Champion Chasers generally can stretch out to either two and half or even three. A current case in point would be both Footpad and Altior are both possibles for the King George. There are many more examples. Because of the pace of a Champion Chase on a stiff track a horse needs a combination of speed and stamina. Kalashnikov looks well suited to my eye.

I disagree PJ. All Champion Chasers generally can stretch out to either two and half or even three. A current case in point would be both Footpad and Altior are both possibles for the King George. There are many more examples. Because of the pace of a Champion Chase on a stiff track a horse needs a combination of speed and stamina. Kalashnikov looks well suited to my eye.

It's based on how I view his scope and not so much his profile - any good 2m chaser should get 2m 4 and all the best in my time have with ease

On looks my thinking is 3m will be optimum for him - also wonder how ground dependent he is

Trainer's quote on RacingUK

"He's probably 85 per cent [in terms of fitness] because we haven't been able to get him the grass much. We are probably looking at one more run this side of Christmas, then one more and head to Cheltenham a fresh horse. The dream is still alive.The Plumpton bonus (win at Plumpton and then the Festival) is very much on our minds"

A 2 horse novice chase at Aintree tomorrow?

What the hell

And we’ll be hearing trainers bleating for the rest of the season about lack of opportunities for their novice chasers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back