Novice Chasers 2018/2019

Am I the only one who isn’t particularly jazzed by Black Op?

Dunno what it is, but I feel like he’s one I’d want to take on at a short-price.

Kayley Woollacott reconsidering the Henry VIII Novices’ Chase at Sandown for Arkle favourite Lalor.

"He’ll school this week and if all is well we could turn up on Saturday. It’s a Grade 1 after all,"

Kalashnikov really does look a real chasing type so his defeat by Summervville Boy was perhaps flattaring to Tom George's hurdler

The way he took one fence like a hop skip and a jump down the back was top class. He's going to take some beating this season.

I see Lalor is being fed plenty carrots by Kaley's daughter before heading to Sandown on Saturday.

Everyone was delight for them on his chasing debut so hopefully he can add the Henry VIII to his tally and make this Arkle a very decent race.

This to me looks a better race for punters than last year when Footpad who could be grossly overrated really having nothing to beat.

I fancy dutching

Kalishnikov 10pts 5/1

Lalor 10pts 5/1

PLUS 20pts EW on Kalashnikov

Good return if Kalashinov wins and still a small profit is lalor wins and mines is placed

Last edited:
A little bit of feedback from the Drinmore.

Paul was perfectly placed for the false start but missed the re-start and was nearly brought down at the first. The plan had been to lie handy about 4l off the pace but he ended up 4l behind the whole field! After 3 out he was going nicely but the run petered out halfway up the straight because he'd had to use too much to get in contention. Still plugged on ok for fourth ahead of some decent tools but run the race again and he'd hope to be much closer. He's gone down a pound to 146 which looks like a workable mark.

For the principals, Delta Work won a shade cosily and I'm liking the 16/1 ew any race from a month ago. Personally less convinced by Le Richebourg in a championship race although he'd be of interest in the novice handicap if they can get his mark right.

Thanks archie and is it right Cadmium's no longer a novice?

The 2.15 at Ludlow looks a nice little race and have been looking forward to Red River going over a fence, so he has to be the bet receiving weight

Mr. Whipped out at Haydock this afternoon. Promising debut over fences at Cheltenham with the 5th that day Jerrysback franking the form last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks Like Black Op and Topofthegame are going to take each other on tomorrow in the Novice chase at Exeter 2:35.

Be interesting to see the opening show shortly.

Back