Novice Chasers 2018/2019

Getabird jumped pretty well but not sure if he is good enough to win chases outside of Ireland

Seeing as he needs to go RH. Would they bring him to Kempton for the novice over Christmas?

Actually prob just send him to the Gd1 in Limerick!

Last edited:
Same again from Ravenhill - jumped great bar one fence which probably cost him the race, though there is a chance hes just one paced. I think he's got a decent future over fences

Getabird jumped pretty well but not sure if he is good enough to win chases outside of Ireland

Simon Rowland of Timeform referring to last weekend's Punchestown meeting

"I could find only Douvan at the Punchestown Festival in 2016 completing from two out over fences at this course quicker in recent times than Getabird did here"

"I could find only Douvan at the Punchestown Festival in 2016 completing from two out over fences at this course quicker in recent times than Getabird did here"

Shame he can't go left as I'd be all over him for Arkle at them prices. Sure Mullins said this year will be right handed only but they'll review it again next season.

Interesting to see that. I presume they will try him left handed again sooner rather than later

OK Corral, pulled out yesterday at Cheltenham "because of the ground", appears in a 4 runner affair at Plumpton tomorrow which is part of the 60K bonus series if a winner at Plumpton and at the Festival.

While it's hard to be sure of the solidity of the time comparisons last Friday at Cheltenham (not a strong sample of races) it looks to me like The Worlds End has put up a very strong run in his race. While I'd have preferred NRNB, I've taken 16/1 for the RSA. If my figures are correct, his would be good enough to win about eight out of ten renewals.

(And before the race I'd dismissed TWE as never impressing me.)

Getabird may well have to be exceptional.

I'm a huge fan of Santini and he did well the other week in what is now one of the strongest heats of the season but his time was pedestrian.

Fast horses can win slow races but slow horses can't win fast races.

As I said, I'm not sure of the solidity of my figures but TWE's time rating for the other day was faster than Presenting Percy's in the RSA and only just shy of Might Bite's.

Then again, I'm not getting much right these days.

Getabird may well have to be exceptional.

I'm a huge fan of Santini and he did well the other week in what is now one of the strongest heats of the season but his time was pedestrian.

Fast horses can win slow races but slow horses can't win fast races.

As I said, I'm not sure of the solidity of my figures but TWE's time rating for the other day was faster than Presenting Percy's in the RSA and only just shy of Might Bite's.

Then again, I'm not getting much right these days.

Santini form was franked nicely with Rockys Treasure hosing up at Doncaster.

Looking forward to Vinndiction at Ascot tomorrow. Love Lil Rockerfella, but doubt he can give weight on soft ground and over a trip short of his best

The Worlds End also going for the Kauto Star. What a race.

It isn't in his entries. Hasn't it closed by now?

Either way, I'd maybe want to oppose it if it came out as soon as next week. Regardless of how easy last week may have looked these fast races take their toll at least in the short term and he didn't back up his seasonal debut after a fortnight.

It isn't in his entries. Hasn't it closed by now?

Either way, I'd maybe want to oppose it if it came out as soon as next week. Regardless of how easy last week may have looked these fast races take their toll at least in the short term and he didn't back up his seasonal debut after a fortnight.
Feltham / Kauto Star has been re-opened as only received six entries

Either way, I'd maybe want to oppose [The Worlds End] if it came out as soon as next week. Regardless of how easy last week may have looked these fast races take their toll at least in the short term and he didn't back up his seasonal debut after a fortnight.

Never looked like being competitive.

I took 16/1 for the RSA after I realised how hot his last race was. My only concern is that he might target the JLT or 4-miler instead but I'll be surprised if there is a better novice in these islands. Tom George is on record as saying he rates him a proper stayer but he clearly is not short of speed. It looks like he just needs time between races.

if only there was a horse that was highly impressive as an unbeaten novice hurdler and was bred to be a chaser kicking about......:whistle:

if only there was a horse that was highly impressive as an unbeaten novice hurdler and was bred to be a chaser kicking about......:whistle:

My thoughts exactly. Think they've made their bed now though.

As wide open an Arkle as I can remember for Some time.

Back