Novice Chasers 2018/2019

Not fluent early doors but he's hard not to like.
Will be hard to boot him out the frame at Cheltenham.

Forget those terrible runs and look at Defi Du Seuil as a novice Chaser who put up as high class a performance as any seen this season over fences.

On the Blind Side is fa long way down pecking Order at 7B and Defi has already taken care of Black Op once.

Lostintransation I just cant see being in the shake up.

I intend emptying the entire BF account Defi Du Seuil.....but don't tell the missus:)...........we both got Flu and scrapped all plan to party...did break open abottle of vodka but 9.11pm here and Idoubt if we will make it to 12 midnight...Happy New Year all when it hitsya

I was surprised to see Defi back at Cheltenham so quickly as he looked terrified that first time but he did get the hang of it much better at Exeter (after a couple of deliberate early jumps). However Philip Hobbs is one of the best trainers out there and will have been doing plenty of schooling so he obviously thinks he's ready to go back presumably to see if the Festival is a goer. Hope it is - love the horse!

Forget those terrible runs and look at Defi Du Seuil as a novice Chaser who put up as high class a performance as any seen this season over fences.

On the Blind Side is fa long way down pecking Order at 7B and Defi has already taken care of Black Op once.

Lostintransation I just cant see being in the shake up.

I intend emptying the entire BF account Defi Du Seuil.....but don't tell the missus:)...........we both got Flu and scrapped all plan to party...did break open abottle of vodka but 9.11pm here and Idoubt if we will make it to 12 midnight...Happy New Year all when it hitsya

I felt for you on that one old chum, he was keen all the way and I was just hoping Barry might sit and sit and nick it at the death rather than kick him on but twas not to be dread to think what price it went in running.

Interesting race and comments from Tizzard. He obviously holds this horse in the highest regard mentioning him being possibly his next top one and he's pretty sharp, our Colin!
Defi I have to say I am going to take the positive side. He jumped vastly better and came to win his race having travelled strongly. He was just outstayed but BG had no choice but to go on and you would have expected him to see it out well being a Triumph winner. But perhaps not and 2 miles is his optimum.

Being outstayed was always the danger for me with the 2nd.

Up to 3m with the winner please Tizzy.

I felt for you on that one old chum, he was keen all the way and I was just hoping Barry might sit and sit and nick it at the death rather than kick him on but twas not to be dread to think what price it went in running.

Hit 1.01 so I manage to safe a bit but still a big loss..............couldn't believe how the winner fought back

How on earth do you come to that assumption mate.........you been drinking?

The horse won 8 on the trot and he's been beaten once in a finish by a very good horse

Not your finest post

He just won't be as good as you hope/think

He couldn't of been put in a better position today to win and didn't

His races will get tougher and not easier.

Keep following these much raced juveniles into their senior careers disappoints nine times out of ten

How on earth do you come to that assumption mate.........you been drinking?

The horse won 8 on the trot and he's been beaten once in a finish by a very good horse

Not your finest post

You beat me to it! I was about to come out with the same! As I said before, you can totally write off last season and then came to Cheltenham for his first experience of fences and frightened the life out of himself. The shrewd Mr Hobbs then takes him to Exeter where fences are easier. Horse wins tidily from decent opposition. Today he had the race won but then got outstayed by what could be a future star if his trainer's words are taken literally.

I’m not sure how good that’ll turn out to be though. Black Op jumped like an absolute pig and they only heat him 4 lengths.

He was actually over 7 lengths behind and that's where he was 3 out.

The first 2 never asked their mounts for anything until turning in and by that time the ridden Black Op had gained a bit and got within 3 lengths but as soon as the front 2 asked he lost that ground again.

He would certainly have finished closer but for mistakes but you are talking about a genuine group 1 novice hurdler.

That was as good a novice as we have seen this season and good enough for the winner to be made clear fav for the JLT.

I’m not sure how good that’ll turn out to be though. Black Op jumped like an absolute pig and they only heat him 4 lengths.

Trip too short for Black Op on that ground also.

Interesting that the winner is as short as 6/1 with Paddy for the JLT (10s with Ladbrokes) while Colin Tizzard’s immediate reaction was that the RSA would suit him better.

Robbie Power says JLT according to the Telegraph today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That win yesterday for LIT for me just demonstrates even more what a mare La Bague Au Roi is.

He just won't be as good as you hope/think

He couldn't of been put in a better position today to win and didn't

His races will get tougher and not easier.

Keep following these much raced juveniles into their senior careers disappoints nine times out of ten

9 times out of 100 more like not many win group 1's as seniors

Plenty races for him with the way he jumped and quickened.

I imagine Hobbs will go Arkle with him as he clearly ran a great race but simply didn't stay.........

9 times out of 100 more like not many win group 1's as seniors

Plenty races for him with the way he jumped and quickened.

I imagine Hobbs will go Arkle with him as he clearly ran a great race but simply didn't stay.........

I really dont think not staying was the issue - that doesnt mean he won't be better over a minimum trip

Defi was pulling further and further away from those behind so I really don't think trip can be a huge factor here

For the record, I liked the winner

Defi strikes me as something for next year's grand annual - I like Hobbs so don't mind being proven wrong on him

That win yesterday for LIT for me just demonstrates even more what a mare La Bague Au Roi is.

She'll find things much tougher later make no mistake about that

LIT would have needed it first time up as he looked the winner and just got run out of it. He Blundered badly and lost all chance next time.

PN horse had her well beat in the Kauto Star but is a complete pig and chucked it plus Santini who ran a shocker would have beaten them both in had it been a bit longer.

I see Colin Tizzard is suggesting a rematch an is out to prove the point.

When the others get their acts together her run will come to a sudden end

She’ll do for me Tanlic. That’s twice now she’s beaten LIT and the 2nd time none of them could live with her jumping. That’s what caused him to make a balls of the third last. She may not be a Cheltenham mare tho. Possible Aintree instead but if she did take them on again I know where my money would be going. Conceding 7lbs to her is a tall ask.

Last edited:
Back