Novice Chases 2021-22

I have to feel for anyone on FH at decent prices from last season or this but it's done my 10/1 Edwardstone no harm.

I'll need to think about taking a profit or laying off to no risk. Bad luck can strike any horse.

I'd be letting 10/1 Edwardstone ride myself.........that's a great price for a horse with (imo) a massive chance.

Not sure what impact, if any, today's hcap won by Imperial Alcazar will have on the festival but it looked a well-run race and the form likely to work out well.

I have a decent AP bet on Third Time Lucki for the Arkle at 14/1. He ran abysmally at Sandown when Edwardstone put in a super performance but his run on Saturday was much better as evidenced by his current price. After that Sandown defeat I thought long and hard and decided that 25/1 was far too high to high a price for a horse that performs well at Cheltenham and so he is in most of my rather too many Festival multiples at that price. At least I'll know the outcome at the start of the week, usually my long priced picks come at the end of the week when the shorter ones have already lost.

Galopin Des Champs shortening for the Turners again. 2/1 available with Paddys yesterday for the RSA

A few people criticise me for backing horses that are short but no one pays me unlike Graham Clark writing over 1000 words for the sporting life today telling us Nicky Henderson's Dusart 2/5 should shine today.:blink:

Will be nice if he does put up a better performance as the more the merrier but surely a good paid columnist can find better things to do with his keyboard than tell us the obvious

I could read all day about Dusart, tan :). I thought he was really exciting last term and it’s unfortunate he’s had a few niggles and a somewhat delayed start. I hope he is well over them because I reckon he can dine at the top table if he is. He was 6/5 last night btw.

The 6/5 was before Pats Fancy was declared a NR but the article would have assumed he was running I expect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumping fences like Might Bite jumped the Aintree ones. Get him back over hurdles (Dusart that is)

I wouldn’t back Dusart in a G1 novice chase with counterfeit after that, even when switched to a left handed circuit.

I did consider that as a likely option, following the Chantry House route but it wasn’t just that he ran down the fences, he corkscrewed the last and while it may be unfair to judge him so soon, Hendo will need to perform wonders with this one if he’s to continue with a chasing career IMO

Last edited:
I've taken 6/1 nrnb Haut En Couleurs for the Arkle, half in anticipation of a big run today and a cut by the eunuchs at oddschecker.

(I laid off my Edwardstone bet at 4/1 so have 6s to no risk.)

Super performance from L’Homme Presse there. Probably not beaten much but couldn’t have done it more emphatically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great that the British have a proper challenger to Bob Ollinger & Co. The festival novice chases shaping up nicely with no likely long odds on shots

Last edited:
Leo 1.20 - Beacon Edge 14/1 - on my figures was 8lbs better than the rest over hurdles and hasn't been asked yet to show his true ability over fences.

I've also taken it at the same price NRNB for the RSA.

Back