Novice Hurdlers 2009/2010

Get Me Out Of Here has gone way to short now. Trained to the minute last time (which was not that long ago) out he will be doing well to repeat that level so soon again today and probably needs to improve on it to beat the favourite.

I'm in the can't lose camp.

If Dunguib could not have cantered all over Ronaldo Des Mottes getting weight over 2 miles I would be very very disappointed. Look what he did to the subsequent Pierse winner. Both horse and Jockey have won at the festival before in a big field and imho O'Connell is a very useful jock in his own right. I'm not conviced the totesport trophy was that strong a race to be honest and am more than happy that it is pushing out Dunguib's price. I think even money is a great price.

I fear Oscar Whiskey more than anything and mostly because you just don't know how good he is.

I've had a good bet on Dunguib at evens and a bit more than hedged with Get Me Out of Here and Blackstairs Mountain with PP due to their offer. Seems the sensible thing to do but will turn out a bit expensive if something else wins.

I agree with DJ. I've backed GMOOH and the Henderson pair (with PP). Very impressed with GMOOH last time out.

no bummer about it - 2 bloody good horses ahead of him.

I had 1-2 (not huge amounts) but think GMOOH the best horse.

Not sure but Mellish said the time shows genuine good ground so must be decent you'd imagine.

They looked to go steady for a long way (Holt said it mid race too) then really quickened up. That ground looks fairly lively to me.

I hope people don't have a go at O'Connell - he was clearly riding him to what was planned out the back and out wide.

I hope people don't have a go at O'Connell - he was clearly riding him to what was planned out the back and out wide.

Smacks of over-confidence if connections thought they could play it safe in a championship race and still win.

I'm tempted to say the moving of the final hurdle cost me there.
They were flat out from the second last. I don't see that it made a difference at what point between there and the last a hurdle was jumped.

GMOOH will be a stayer imo and would have preferred a faster pace - as would Dunguib coming from off the pace. The winner and the third are Champion Hurdle horses but GMOOH style of running and pedigree suggests he will go better the further he goes.

Or that they were worried about his jumping.

It's the same thing, isn't it, playing it safe? The winner hasn't jumped perfectly during the season either ("driven last and blundered" at Ascot last time out) but it didn't stop Johnson taking the race by the scruff of the neck.

Back