Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

How in the name of God are Galileo's Choice and Midnight Game both 10/1 for the Supreme Novice Hurdle. I'd have a million on GC in a 5/6 match bet. No reason to believe he won't run over MG again, If anything he will beat him further.

Think we have seen the winner now???

Yeah... Galileo's Choice...

Which would you prefer for the Supreme

1) An ex point to pointer trained by Tricky at 5/1
2) An ex 110 rated flat converted slick jumper trained by the Master of Rosewell 10/1

Last edited:
Having backed Simonsig earlier in the week for the Supreme Novices I am disappointed to hear that Geraghty has apparently told Henderson that he is more of a Neptune horse after today's win

Having backed Simonsig earlier in the week for the Supreme Novices I am disappointed to hear that Geraghty has apparently told Henderson that he is more of a Neptune horse after today's win

Betfair agree with Simonsig available between 10 & 15 since the race was over

Every year I try to steer clear of Cheltenham Ante-Post and every year I get sucked in. I lasted until bloody Monday this week and stuck two mug Lucky 15's on with Simonsig for the Supreme in both :lol:

Every year I try to steer clear of Cheltenham Ante-Post and every year I get sucked in. I lasted until bloody Monday this week and stuck two mug Lucky 15's on with Simonsig for the Supreme in both :lol:

You're still on good shape. Nicky doesn't listen to his owners and vets never mind Barry Gerathty.

It'd be crazy to take in the Neptune and have to face Fingal Bay and Boston Bob. Why, that would be like Donald McCain passing up the Jewson with Peddlers Cross just to get another bloody nose. Oh!

Last edited:
"I always hoped he might be a bit special and he probably is.The sun did Barry no favours over the last couple and he would have loved to go and stride on a bit-He was at pains to hang onto him.
"we're just trying to see where that speed is and he has an awful lot of it.Barry said if he'd let him go he'd have won by another 20 lengths if he wanted.
"He will go to Cheltenham,but For what race is a huge decision.It's a big decision and a very difficult one.He's bred to stay-he's won A point to point and a bumper over two and a quarter in Ireland"

Ladies and Gentlemen of Talking Horses.

The question is which race should Simonsig run in at the Cheltenham Festival in 2012?

P.S. Endeavouring to avoid pocket-talk please. :p

Neptune. Harder opposition but I worry that he'll miss a couple over the shorter trip. Reve De Sivola proved that you didn't need to be the most fluent hurdler to nearly win over the longer trip.

Not backed him for either yet.Neptune is the hotter race and he looks to want further but he has the speed for the supreme and will travel well in a truly run supreme.Jumping looks suspect although they put it down to the sun.He might have been more fluent witha little more reins let out.
If I was the owner it would be the supreme as it is the easier race IMO.so Supreme.

Back