Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

I thought Meade's Please Talk looked really good in the first today in what seemed a fairly strong maiden. Maybe one for the 3 mile novice at the festival?

Last edited:
There is a strong move for Boston Bob presumably on the basis of the Elliot stable form. I'd be a layer at EVS.

Very disappointing. Didn't like the way he jumped to the right or the way he cleared them. Looks more a chaser who will need a trip.

I did wonder why Ruby Walsh stayed in behind on the outside of Mount Benbulben considering he was jumping every hurdle to the right.

Don't think any bubbles been burst - the horse was a classy bumper horse who needs a real trip, jumping wasn't great but it was a 4 horse race and the Albert Bartlett will be a different matter entirely.

I don't mind taking 100/1.

But how will it be different? If he jumps to the right he may as well be 1000/1. They would be better off forgetting about Cheltenham, giving him 1 or maybe 2 more runs on a right handed track, and put him away for next year to go chasing.

Why would you forget about Cheltenham on the back of one run - he had no problem going LH at Navan nor at Dromahane on his only other attempt LH and IMO it's far too early to be writing the horse off.

Too early to be writing a horse off as wanting to go RH on the back of one run in a 4 runner race - if he was doing it next time he races LH then I'd start to get concerned.

Because he looks a horse that would appreciate time, and it's more worrying he does the jumping to the right after a couple of races. Doesn't really look a hurdler either to me. You probably have nice prices and I'm looking at him through his pre-race ranking in terms of Albert Bartlett, so maybe that's why we differ.

Don't think any bubbles been burst - the horse was a classy bumper horse who needs a real trip, jumping wasn't great but it was a 4 horse race and the Albert Bartlett will be a different matter entirely.

I don't mind taking 100/1.

He's at the wrong address for me...that's just me though

Back