Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

Agreed. It must be remembered that he found very very little off the bridle at Cheltenham so he might have had far less in hand than the manner of victory would suggest. Jump City has hardly done a great deal previously either (admittedly over further) but was no match for either Fingal bay or, more importantly, Simonsig at Sandown.

Suspect Henderson has a few better, and McManus might have a better candidate in the shape of Waaheb.

Not for me at this stage.

Henderson should have 4 or 5 better than this in his stable

As well as Darlan, Henderson currently has quoted for the Supreme;

Simonsig
Captain Conan (not a Supreme horse for me mind)
Mono Man
Tetlami
All The Aces
Molotof
Oscar Nominee

The two I like are Simonsig and Mono Man. I thought the latter was most unfortunate not to win on his hurdling bow from two good yardsticks. A good jump at the last and he would have won nicely. Even with the mistake he was coming right back at them.

something else we agree on as i like mono man as well as simonsig as the latter has the best form of the ones u mention and looked like he would be better at 2 miles than longer if he is going to run him in the neptune it maybe a pointer to mono man as he got a good review in his stable tour and his form on his hurdles debut was quite promising as you say

be interesting to know when he will run again

Somebody suggested on Twitter that they might be eyeing up the Betfair Hurdle with Darlan. That might explain why Geraghty was at pains to make the winning distance as small as reasonably possible.

No official source, just speculation.

Waaheb wont be going to Cheltenham, Weld says not enough time to get prep races into him after a couple of small setbacks.

Shame about Waaheb. Even the potential springers are appearing thin on the ground, though I am sure some will emerge in the meantime.

So, another one bites the dust. Prospect Wells looks like a softy, Steps to Freedom is a handicapper. Surely Nicky will stop eating long enough to realize that the Supreme is Simonsig's for the taking.

So, another one bites the dust. Prospect Wells looks like a softy, Steps to Freedom is a handicapper. Surely Nicky will stop eating long enough to realize that the Supreme is Simonsig's for the taking.

I hope so.

On this regard the elimination of Waaheb might not be helpful. That will surely mean that Darlan runs in the Supreme for JP. It is another one that might get in the way of Henderson being tempted to take Simonsig there.

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'd really like to see Rebel Fitz drop back in trip again against good quality. I feel he could be a Supreme horse if he travels over.

Simsonsig needs to find at least 20lbs of improvement from now untill March in order to win a Supreme.

Darlan is probably the most exciting horse in training, I saw this horse at Henderson's open day last year and went around telling everyone what a fine specimen he is - a lot of people have got back to me applauding me for a special eye for a horse. You go to his track peromance he's smashed everything out of sight, on the bridle! there is loads more to come from Darlan and he is the apple of Hendersons eye.

You go to his track performance he's smashed everything out of sight, on the bridle.

Darlan won at Cheltenham by a nose - "led on nod" - from a horse rated 122 who is a maiden after 6 hurdles starts and has since been pulled up in the Tolworth.

In contrast Simonsig absolutely destroyed Brass Tax (126 but also a maiden) literally still pulling at the line - "very easily" - before travelling all over Fingal Bay until that one's stamina came into play on testing ground over 2m4f.

Jump City, who Darlan beat at Taunton, had previously finished over 27 lengths behind Simonsig in the Sandown race, admittedly over further.

I know which one I would rather be on for the Supreme.

Had a little bit of 25's Allure of Allusion for the supreme.Was unlucky yesterday badly hampered, lost a lot of ground and was taken with the way he finished The race.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be betting my life on Darlan running at Newbury the last two horses who tried the double Tote/Supreme lost out and Nicky's not one for over facing them.

The 2010 Triumph Hurdle winner Soldanito has been simmering over waiting for the Betfair and is still off the same 148 he was last year when favouite and finishing 5th.

He's far from over raced and been given plenty time to improve and Nicky does love to win this race and doesn't mind which of his several runners win it.

I believe there's also still one more card to be played by Seven Barrows who is supposidly a bit special and he might end up being their number 1 for the Supreme and Simonsig is I believe heading for the Neptune

Pictures as clear as mud

Back