Novice Hurdlers 2014/15

I wouldn't be interested in backing him for the AB or the Neptune given how much of a chaser he looks, and also Elliot has previous in terms of avoiding the Festival with that type.

Wouldn't put me off Shaneshill turning the tables on better ground. Rail helped the winner as well but both very good novices. Winner looks a chaser.

Double Handful, think you mean Briar Hill not Black Hercules, latter is still a novice.

I wouldn't be interested in backing him for the AB or the Neptune given how much of a chaser he looks, and also Elliot has previous in terms of avoiding the Festival with that type.

An impressed Elliott later stated “I think he's a very nice horse. Barry said they didn't go fast enough for him, and he was a bit guessy at a few of them.

"I'm not sure where he'll go next, and Naas (Grade 1 Lawlors Hotel Novice Hurdle, January 4) may come a bit quick for him.

"He's a three-mile horse for Cheltenham and I'd be looking at the Albert Bartlett. He's a real relaxed horse and does everything at his own pace.”

Willie has 9 entered for Ascot on Friday. Would be good to see one of them run.

FormHorseTrainer
141-01Aminabad (FR) 31
W P Mullins
211Douvan (FR) 27
W P Mullins
31-121Killer Crow (IRE) 41
W P Mullins
2116-51Killultagh Vic (IRE) 36
W P Mullins
1Max Dynamite (FR) 22
W P Mullins
31141Mckinley 40
W P Mullins
1Sempre Medici (FR) 33
W P Mullins
3/112-11Shaneshill (IRE) 30
W P Mullins
11-1Tell Us More (IRE) 27
W P Mullins

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Imagine the jockey bookings!

Hopefully the race holds up as in addition to Willie's 9, Emerging Talent, Jollyallan, L'Ami Serge & Vyta Du Roc hold entries

The novice chase doesn't look shabby either...

I was impressed with No More Heroes at Navan. Looked a 2m4f race in name only given the pace they went, so to beat Shaneshill was impressive in my book.

Is he a definite for the three miler?

On another note, looking at the entries for the Christmas period, Elliott looks to have a boatload of young Gigginstown horses; will be interesting to see how they end up.

I think he said he thought he could be one of the best dual purpose horses he's trained. I didn't hear which horse he was talking about though so I'm putting two and two together.

What did he say?

I was concerned it was a little bit soon. He had a little holdup as he didn't school as well as I'd like. He's never been to a schooling hurdle so I was a little concerned with his jumping and it will improve dramatically.

My only concern was if he had enough experience jumping and it maybe came two weeks sooner than I would have liked but this is a lovely galloping track and the two-and-a-half suited.

He's very talented so it's onwards and upwards. We'll find a nice winners race at the end of January or start of February.

considering it was his first run and considering he didn't have as good a prep as mine normally do for their first time over jumps it was very encouraging.

He'll stay at two-and-a-half. He's a stayer with speed.

Back