Novice Hurdlers 2014/15

Patrick Mullins said tonight in Castleblaney that at the start of the season Douvan was the lead horse for Allez Columbiers.

H went off odds on in a grade 1 on his hurdling debut. I think we were robbed of a special horse that day and he was definitely being talked of as their best novice at the time.

Whatever Willie has said, Nicholls Canyon's performance on Sunday is better than any piece of form Douvan has to offer so far. Douvan is a very opposable favourite. If Nicholls Canyon runs in the Supreme his form on Sunday should be good enough to win it in any normal year, and it'll take something special to beat him.

Could be an idea to look over your shoulder and see what Davy Russell was up to on Windsor Park.....great video on you tube will enlighten you.;)

Are Gigginstown about to pull another surprise? Money for Tell Us More in the Supreme and McKinley the Neptune, both would be worth a look especially the former

Tell Us More is going for the Supreme. Confirmed today. Can't have McKinley in any novice race.

Are Gigginstown about to pull another surprise? Money for Tell Us More in the Supreme and McKinley the Neptune, both would be worth a look especially the former

Tell Us More does go for Supreme... he'll certainly stay the trip! :)

Can't get my head around the Neptune.

Nichols Canyon is weak in the market, probably down to this theory that he's a soft ground horse. That race at Leopardstown looked the strongest form in Ireland this season though.

Outlander beat quite a few useful animals in his last run and looked easy doing so. However all his form is on soft as well and I've read that the time wasn't great in that last race, suggesting it turned into a sprint. He's also 7 which is a big negative on the stats.

Vibes are strong for Windsor Park but then he's only a couple of points bigger despite getting beaten by both of the above. It's some leap of faith to think he'll turn the form around on both of them. Part of me thinks it's Davy Russell's big mouth that has made him the price he is.

The winner is usually in the 1st few in the betting but I just can't commit myself to any of them. Has anyone got a good insight on this race?

I was a big fan of tell us more until finding noting when getting into a battle LTO. He jumped separably through the race though. He looks tempting at 20's, but I just can't bring myself to back him after that last race.

Has there been any confirmation on whether Value At Risk goes in the SunAlliance or the 3 miler?

Shaped as if a step up to 3m would bring about further improvement last time out; absolutely cracking jumper as well.

12's is tempting for the Albert Bartlett (also I am going on the Friday, and haven't looked seriously at any of the other days, so I would certainly prefer him to go in the AB).

Hargam fans should grab what's left of the price if what was said at a preview night is true....McCoy mustard keen JP's best bet of the week.

Barry Geraghty says if he gets good fast ground he's a danger to Peace and Co but not if it's on the soft side.

I'm sticking with Peace and Co and if JP does back his I might just back him again if he drifts out to 7/2 with the weight of JP's cash and punters money following him in.

How big a gamble JP will have won't be known until the day of the race but I expect it will rock the market considerably

How big a gamble JP will have won't be known until the day of the race but I expect it will rock the market considerably

Unless it's made public it will have absolutely no impact. The thought that one bet can change a market is nonsense..

Has there been any confirmation on whether Value At Risk goes in the SunAlliance or the 3 miler?

Shaped as if a step up to 3m would bring about further improvement last time out; absolutely cracking jumper as well.

12's is tempting for the Albert Bartlett (also I am going on the Friday, and haven't looked seriously at any of the other days, so I would certainly prefer him to go in the AB).

Runs in the Albert Bartlett.

Sizing John a forgotten horse.
though Golantilla did him no favours today he really impressed at Christmas and will like the good going.
Better again that he has avoided the softer stuff since. Real ew value at 33/1 or so.

Sizing John a forgotten horse.
though Golantilla did him no favours today he really impressed at Christmas and will like the good going.
Better again that he has avoided the softer stuff since. Real ew value at 33/1 or so.

Mentioned him on supreme thread the other day I'm glad someone else seen it as I thought I must have been imagining his performance at Xmas.

I think it was Davy Russell who said he was the biggest danger to Douvan so I looked him up.

I'm on the other side of the fence from you guys I think he should be 50/1

Douvan out having a look at the people and a nice canter round beat him 12 lengths.

I'd have thought Douvan would at least double that distance in the Supreme when he'll be ridden much more aggressively.

You can fit an awful lot of horses into 24 lengths if I am right......I couldn't possibly back him for a place personally.

Wish you luck though

Last edited:
That's not what he said when interviewed on C4 yesterday. He said Jezki was his best chance this week.

Guess you know better than me if it was on TV must be true

And learn to read I said it was JP's bet of the week (He told Tom Segal when he asked him) where did I say AP said it was his best chance of a winner?

@nd time in a week you've pulled me up and been wrong :p

Last edited:
Back