Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

I've known that for months and that's why I backed him initially in the Supreme but obviously either AK was terrified of Min or he was convinced the horse needs a trip.

Could also be to help him with his jumping like NJH did with Simonsig...I think I read or heard someone say yesterday,

As for Istabraq DO he ran in the Neptune because Aiden had 2 good novices at the time..damned if I can remember the other one's name name but he ran Istabraq close and didn't quite get home They decided then he wouldn't get the trip at Cheltenham hence istabraq went Neptune.

I'm not saying for one minute Yanworth couldn't follow in Istabraq's shoes., just doesn't seem likely at the moment.

When you think about it Alan King wont be thinking WH or CH at the moment as the jury is still out on that until Faugheen and Thistlecrack strut their stuff

If they come through with flying colours Yanworth could find himself Arkle bound next season. Helluva gamble keeping him hurdling with those two around if he can jump a fence.

Many now think Yanworth is a good thing for the Neptune but JP has got another horse who looks and even bigger certainty in the Triumph namely Ivanovich Gorbatov.

There's no real confidence in any of NJH's for the race as they are simply not in the same calss as last years trio.

Ivanovich Gorbatov kicked the best of WPM's into touch and really there's nothing else looks remotely good enough.

Surprised considering his connection he is not odds on but no doubt if he hacks up at leopardstown next week he will be.

Looks the value banker of the meeting considering you can have 3/1 at the moment
IG looks good but we probably need to wait for next Saturday to see which juvenile is the best at Closutton. It may be Let's Dance but by no means a gimme.

Big risk if you wait Archie after the 6th lg will be odds on imo...not a good triumph at all this year

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I doubt that Willie's best juvenile has come out yet but he may save it/them for next season's novice races rather like he did with Min. I wouldn't be backing any horse at 3/1 for the Triumph until it's NRNB. Even Our Conor was 4/1 at this stage and then all the way through to the meeting.

I'm not saying for one minute Yanworth couldn't follow in Istabraq's shoes., just doesn't seem likely at the moment.

It's not just Istabraq who has gone Neptune to CH though is it. Faugheen, Rock On Ruby, Hardy Eustace, The New One & Peddlers Cross all immediately come to mind as CH winners or contenders after taking in the Neptune.

anyone still fancy laying Min?

franking men will be in ecstacy

just on that 3rd to Min..he had the best figures in this field..that last win by Min..was off the scale..and he never broke sweat

Last edited:
that last run was immense..even if this had finished last it wouldn't alter Mins stature for me..that sort of run needs no franking..but i'll take it seeing as its early doors run wise

It's not just Istabraq who has gone Neptune to CH though is it. Faugheen, Rock On Ruby, Hardy Eustace, The New One & Peddlers Cross all immediately come to mind as CH winners or contenders after taking in the Neptune.
Don't forget French Holly:).....There's Gold Cup horses who have won the Neptune and more have gone over further than have not so I really don't see what your point is.

He looked good there franking Min but you have to take it than Myska wasn't right. Beaten before turning in. Just posted there in Mullins thread if potentially there's something up with some of his. Some running shockers including the 3 at Doncaster yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't really care what Myska did to be fair...might have thought bollix i can't be arsed today..or might have run out of skin..don't matter really to me personally..the figure for Min is in the book...those behind can suit themselves for me..irrelevant isn't really in it

franking is a nonsense imo..but it so inbred in punters..you will never remove it..its like an automatic nerve twitch..they sit and watch last time runners and then forget that was on that day..a myriad of things affect subsequent runs of beaten hosses

zero relevance in real terms

Last edited:
it makes no difference to Min lol

can you imagine a Snooker world Championship winner having prize money took off him because the guy he beats loses next time .

i'm clearly wasting my time..its so engrained its impossible to remove it

There you go. I'd bet there's something going in the yard. Same with some of them yesterday too.

Very worrying so close to Cheltenham.

two winners, a 2nd and two third places over 3 races today. also had a winner yesterday. the mare clearly wasn't right but to start suggesting a yard bug is a bit of a reach.

two winners, a 2nd and two third places over 3 races today. also had a winner yesterday. the mare clearly wasn't right but to start suggesting a yard bug is a bit of a reach.

Maybe so, just the 3 at Doncaster yesterday stopped so quickly when called upon for effort. SH & UFR beaten out of sight. Add into the mix Myska coughing, maybe archie will have some more insight.

As I said in the Mullins thread some are running perfectly fine but I'm sure with such a massive string there's different yards & barns etc but some of them yesterday ran stinkers. Too bad to be true.

Good to hear. Obviously yesterday the likes of UFR & Shanes Hill just weren't good enough.

Back