Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

He wasn't rated that back in December when I backed him for the Supreme at 14/1 and then for the Neptune when Min came along. I made it perfectly clear he was the best horse Alan King has had in his yard for years before Saturdays racing and well before that. The day I need ratings to spot a good horse I'll pack it in mate

Back in the day when AK was assistant to David Nicholson they held fantastic open days for the public, but have only been there two or three times since (in the course of my job)

There is some money going on Yanworth since Saturday! 4/1 available immediately after the race and that has been cut to 2/1 - 15/8 with even that under pressure.

We've been used to the Irish Banker over the years but such has been the dominance of the Irish recently are we now looking at the English banker in Yanworth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chocca Wocca runs at Ludlow tomorrow. She won her bumper well & then finished 2nd in a listed bumper at the Aintree Festival that's worked out well!

She's 12/1 for the Dawn Run mares novice hurdle in March & I'd imagine she'll definitely end up there as her owners from Trull House Stud are sponsoring the Cheltenham race.

She should have no problem accounting for them tomorrow and I thought she was quite promising last year. I took ew 12/1 for the festival so I'd be hoping that proves value come March.

Last edited:
Thanks, Boyle Sports would be the only one I'd use now & then & at that It'd be when I'm home in the shop. I don't have an online ac with them and don't want another one to be honest so the 12s will have to do.

I thought she'd be shorter to be honest.

Chocca Wocca's stable-mate, Bloody Mary, did the business at Taunton. There was a little money for her for Cheltenham before the race but she didn't shorten further afterwards. I'd be slightly concerned that Chocca Wocca hasn't shortened in anticipation of a good run but I think you're correct in assuming that connections will want to go to Cheltenham.

Ya I suppose it's the fact she hasn't ran since last April & punters just want to make sure she still has 4 legs etc before supporting her.

I'd expect her to account for todays opposition accordingly based on that listed bumper second and if she does she'll more than likely be cut to single figures!!

Last edited:
I see that, they're not going to get much better this time of the year!! Ludlow probably the best of a bad lot.

Ruby Walsh Column.

I thought Yanworth was very good in the Neptune Trial. He travelled with unbelievable ease and jumped relatively well. The way he quickened from the last was eye-catching. He will be difficult to beat in the Neptune.
Runner-up Shantou Village ran a sound race for me on ground that was too soft for him. He will appreciate better ground, as his form suggests. He could be a very lively contender for the Albert Bartlett.

Back