Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

ATTACH]

All aboard the Long Dong train!

Well the Modus bubble looks to have burst. Yes he was worse off at the weights with the winner from their previous C&D run, the Hobbs horse probably had the more scope for improvement and there's a cloud hanging over Nicholl's stable.

Yet even allowing for all those, he still should have been performing better if he were to have any hopes in the Supreme.

Min now a best priced 7/2 with any bookie worth betting with, which is very short following just run with horses like Buveur Dair, Altior & Yanworth in likely opposition.

Surprised they ran Modus tbh, but given the stable is under a slight cloud and the going for the Supreme will be good, good to soft in places I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Modus disappointing, his run in the Bumper made me go deep money for him in the Supreme.. all lost I can't hope even a place for him atm.. Fkk

So he's either not good enough or has had a relatively tough race in grueling ground when he's not 100% fit/well.

Neither bodes well for his chances if they had sights on the later season G1s

So he's either not good enough or has had a relatively tough race in grueling ground when he's not 100% fit/well.

Neither bodes well for his chances if they had sights on the later season G1s

I'd go for the latter, Shades of MTOY 3 years ago.
I think he stands a better chance in the Neptune anyway, Yanworth seems to have a bit of speed and would probably go to the supreme with a better chance imo.

They've got two yards and I would love to know which horses are running out of which given some look ok and others terrible.

If he's out of the doldrums before March Nicholls may have some serious ammunition flying under the radar.

40 odd horses at Highworth, primarily the younger ones, as the schooling ring is based there and they have more opportunity to practice. Also has a walker and the walk to the gallops is slightly longer than from the DItcheat yard.

a horse that might slip under the radar..be judged as a flukey.. is todays winner DALAKI

this was no fluke though..slooshed up in a smart time..potential B class hoss on todays demolition of fav +2nd fav..beat them two 18 lengths + 5 lengths..with 4th hoss another 12 back

could be a little moneyspinner

Back