Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

The perversity is I can't even grab a word out of my vocabulary to justify it. One knew the mug Mullins backers would steam into Bellshill and make him a terrible price after the Triumph trial. That duly happened and I steamed into Tombstone...4.4 4.6 4.7 on the machine. Even put some cheekly lays up IR at 3.1 and 2.6, Matched.

And it gets beat by some JP beast who was behind it last time out.

I've not had a winner since the 1st Jan
Not had a cigarette since the 2nd Jan
Not had sex since before Christmas.

Something has to give today.

And to the cunts posting before me---**** off, form should count.
Just thank god he gave you hands and you tick two of those off today Euro!

There are 3 things u need to remember Euro:
1. There are only 55 days until the Lincoln
2. The money you have lost since the 1st of January will have been offset by not buying cigarettes since the 2nd.
3. A copy of razzle costs only £3.95 from all good newsagents :)

Both Bleu et Rouge and Tombstone ran great trials for The Supreme, and look better suited to that than the Neptune. I've just taken 12s ew on BeR.

Bellshill looked placeless, and didn't look quick enough for either race, and may be better being stepped right up and going for the Albert Bartlett. I certainly don't think Alan King would lose any sleep if Bellshill was aimed at The Neptune.

Just re-watched the race. Tombstone didn't see it out quite as well, but looks to have a fast ground action. All his hurdle runs have been on soft ground and he should improve significantly when he gets better ground. That said despite encountering ground worse than ideal on all his runs, he's mixed it with the best of the rest and comes out of his four hurdle runs with significant credit in my opinion. A handle on the time and the way the race was run would be extremely useful to compare with Min and Altior. If that run is within six or seven pounds of what they've shown it would be significant for March.

Last edited:
What's that saying. Giving up smoking, drinking, and womanising doesn't make you live longer, it just feels like it.

Last edited:
O O Seven takes the Albert Bartlett trial at Musselburgh stepping up in trip from 2m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder is that after Bellshill flop the other day or as a result of O O Seven winning over 3 miles in AB trial Sunday. He jst got touched off by Yorkhill in the Tolworth.

Moon Racer "touch and go" to turn up at the Festival according to the Racing Post. I bet:

7/2 - Runner
1/5 - NR

(min bet £2.50, max liability 25p)

Some money about for Ivanovich Gorbatov on Oddschecker, seems the defeat at the weekend hasn't put people off

Last edited:
Anyone got a strong view on the Mullins five in the betting behind Yanworth for the Neptune?

My initial thoughts are that Yorkhill & Bellshill are too short and A Toi Phil looks the value.

Nice listed race at Huntingdon this afternoon. Liked the way North Hill Harvey did it last time, but on lines through Champers on Ice he could struggle to give 4lb to Minella Awards. Ma du Fou also has a couple of decent runs to his name but on very soft ground. I think I've talked myself out of having a bet....

Winter Escape cut to 16/1 there for the Supreme after a fair easy win at Doncaster.

Buveur D'air set to take in the Exeter race on Sunday, assuming the meeting goes ahead. Politologue and Ghost River are no mugs so it'd be nice to see the Hendo horse win will but Heavy ground around Exeter is a long way from what it'll be like in March.

Buveur D'air set to take in the Exeter race on Sunday, assuming the meeting goes ahead. Politologue and Ghost River are no mugs so it'd be nice to see the Hendo horse win will but Heavy ground around Exeter is a long way from what it'll be like in March.

That's for sure but ground wise I suppose it's the same for all of them in the Supreme. Altior maybe & to be fair BD has form on better ground from that listed Aintree bumper behind Barters Hill.

At this stage you'd have to question if there'll be more soft in the description come Tuesday 15 March? This winter has been freakish with the rain that's fallen. It would want to stop raining soon to give the ground some chance to dry.

Back