Novice Hurdlers 2016/17

To be honest as good a trainer as he is I fond his running plans difficult with some of his charges. He pulls Vyta Du Roc out of the Welsh Nash presumably because the ground wasn't soft enough - and has him declared for Cheltenham on Sunday (good ground at present). And L'ami Serge is in the Relkeel. Fair enough he was poor at Exeter, but his issue there was jumping out to his left, surely he deserves another chance on a more appropriate track.

It tuns out it wasn't the ground he just didn't fancy taking on Native River which would appear to have been a wise decision the way native River won

I doubt if there a horse at Seven barrows who has disappointed him more than L'Ami Serge. Before the Supreme he was the apple of his eye. He might be clutching at straws going back over hurdles. The horse has/had the engine and looks totally unhappy over fences it will be interesting to see if he fancies the switch back.

Challow is a decent race today with any number of potentially good horses for the future and it's hard to find fault with most of them but I've taken a chance on Elegant Escape at decent odds to turn over the shorter priced horses.

I'd be surprised if his jumping didn't improve from his win at Ascot given the connections and the only horse to finish in front of him so far was Samcro in a 3m PTP on his debut.

A very tenuous line through Laser Light mark him down as roughly the same horse as Robin Roe - tenuous in that one race was a novice hurdle and the other a PTP - but even so, he's four times the price of the jolly.

Last edited:
Could turn out to be a decent race that as they went fairly strong up front.

Elegant Escape crying out for 3 miles and would be of interest in the Sefton that the stable won with Thistlecrack a couple of years back.

Wouldn't go overboard on that. The runner up doesn't go on soft ground and made a horrible mistake two out losing all momentum.

What on earth was Sam TD doing on Capitaine there? The horse has proved a muddling gallop doesn't play to his strengths so not sure why he was content to be held up behind a slow pace. He may not have been good enough anyway but was given no chance whatsoever in my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at Cue Card. Soon as Tizzard mentions the Ryanair he's 5 or 6/1 when in reality his price should be in double figures.

Both Skelton and Tizzard are good trainers, but their horses are overbet. Not denying the latter has done brilliant.

A more than worthy favourite for the Neptune. Has won with authority over 2m today. Question the opposition all you like, but he's shown he has pace. Has already shown he has the stamina. Has a touch of class. Oppose him at your peril.

He's not shown he has pace on decent ground. The King horse that won the Challow was just as impressive, beat far better animals, and is 12s/14s.

Look at Cue Card. Soon as Tizzard mentions the Ryanair he's 5 or 6/1 when in reality his price should be in double figures.

The 170 rated former winner has his target confirmed and you're surprised he's single figures? With no Vautour either... Cant agree.

I'm not surprised at the price because mug punters will back certain horses no matter what the odds, and he is a public horse. But as Cue Card has gotten older he's got slower and chances are he needs cut now. Also, Thistlecrack's presence in the Gold Cup will ensure some likely candidates will go for the shorter alternative. I consider CC's likely chance of winning the Ryanair are between slim and none.

He needs cut I agree, however I don't think he will struggle for pace and if you offered me double figure prices on him i'd back him e/w, as would a lot of people.

Ruddy shame the mare came down. Would have liked to see how that would have panned out.

I like the run of Blood Crazed Tiger there. Too keen, ran on well and should be better with a pace to help him settle.

Back