Novice Hurdlers 2016/17

Philip Hobbs: "Barry [Geraghty] walked the course and decided it was on the soft side. Therefore, my horse [Defi Du Seuil] runs and Nicky's - who wants better ground - doesn't."

Charli Parcs: Nicky Henderson, trainer: "I think he's very nice, and I wouldn't actually be frightened if the ground went very soft as he won on it at Enghien. He is a pacey horse, so we know he would be good back at Kempton in an Adonis, but I'm very keen to see him running at Cheltenham."

Yeah 2 young horses heading to Cheltenham best thing you can do is run them against each other and give them a real hard race weeks befor Cheltenham for a lousy 6,000 pounds and set them both back a month or longer.

You ever think of following volley ball :blink:

Even after DDS won at Chepstow last time, Evan Williams was saying he was very disappointed Evening Hush didn't beat him that day. On top of that, he was also saying he still felt his filly was better than the winner so he must have come across a reason why she didn't.

He says the filly bypasses Cheltenham to keep her for Aintree (or maybe Punchestown) where should should be fresher than most.

Don't forget about her.

The Adonis back at Kempton. Hard to think of any other suitable juvenile trial beyond that, and probably not qualified to run in handicaps.

Melon now 4/1 fav for the Supreme in places:blink:. It was a nice performance, but he beat very little.
Bookies just take the p**s with these. Connections/reputation much more so than the actual performance imo

Melon now 4/1 fav for the Supreme in places:blink:. It was a nice performance, but he beat very little.
Bookies just take the p**s with these. Connections/reputation much more so than the actual performance imo
tbf it looks a very weak renewal this year

Thought Melon did it well.

Charli Parks may run at Musselburgh next weekend.

I saw that. Nicky did say he might send him there then for the Adonis before Cheltenham.

He won the Scottish Triumph Hurdle Trial with Hargam which was one way traffic and it's usually won by something instantly forgettable though PN has won it twice.

The Adonis hasn't been much of a race either in recent year so he could scare everything away and pick up an easy 40k from the two and some experience on his way to the Festival

You at all concerned that Defi has further-cemented his position as the Triumph horse, Tanlic?

Hope you have some cover.

I saw two lots of idiots today. The bookies who made melon 4/1 fav for the Supreme thinking punters would be stupid enough to back him and those who did back him.

Just about everything in Mullins yard could have won that sorry excuse for a race. Little wonder Ruby said he needs another run...schooling can be done at home.

Cracking looking horse moves well but that race was 5 zillion miles from Cheltenham and no way would he not be 12/1 if trained elsewhere

You at all concerned that Defi has further-cemented his position as the Triumph horse, Tanlic?

Hope you have some cover.

Honestly no! My worry is Nicky is told he can't run the horse in the Triumph.

If you think Defi is the better horse and let's say your right then he's the one you'd want to run in the Supreme which is by far the tougher race.

My bet is Petite Mouchoir 8/1 Charli Parccs 8/1 plus a double EW..........If I get wind Charli is going to the Supreme and I will if that is the case I'll simply lay him off .knowing those bookies. he'll be 4/1 after Saturday

Winning that race on Saturday never had me running for cover as the second is just a middle of the road juvenile that Charli would have done the same to.

There was no conspiracy or preference given to one trainer over the other. Defi ran and not Charli which wasn't made clear 1 week before the race, if the ground was soft they agreed Defi would run and Charli would go elsewhere and vice versa if the ground was good. That is why I kept asking if it was raining :0) Nicky 100% wanted to run but luck had it the ground turned up soft.

I hear they are calling him Charli Sheen the real machine because he's full of speed :lol:

Last edited:
Back