Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

Kims Blog yesterday. 藍

‘The ground is currently described as soft and good to soft in places and with not a huge amount of rain forecasted the likelihood is that the ground on the first day will be good to soft and after 4 days, good… So be warned don’t go mad backing heavy ground horses’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim's Tweet tonight:

"He goes on Tuesday @cheltenhamraces"

Who gives a monkey's what he blogged yesterday.

Has he said Vinndication is going to Cheltenham as well? Seems to be getting supported for the Ballymore.

Has he said Vinndication is going to Cheltenham as well? Seems to be getting supported for the Ballymore.

This from Matt, Kim's Head Lad, in local rag

Vinndication, Ballymore Novices' Hurdle: "I have never been to Cheltenham with four horses with realistic chances. As for Vinndication, we don't know how good he is. He has had an unbelievable season. If he keeps on improving who knows where he will end up? At Ascot he learned an awful lot and even more at Huntingdon. He has come a long way in a short space of time. He deserves to be there, he's very good. But if they say Samcro is as good as they say we will be playing for places and On The Blind Side looks very smart too."

84d10e31a439076341007c8fcd9bf54a.jpg

This from Matt, Kim's Head Lad, in local rag

Vinndication, Ballymore Novices' Hurdle: "I have never been to Cheltenham with four horses with realistic chances. As for Vinndication, we don't know how good he is. He has had an unbelievable season. If he keeps on improving who knows where he will end up? At Ascot he learned an awful lot and even more at Huntingdon. He has come a long way in a short space of time. He deserves to be there, he's very good. But if they say Samcro is as good as they say we will be playing for places and On The Blind Side looks very smart too."

They are all scared of the wrong one :ninja:

Actually having read kims thoughts on him on ATR it actually sounds like he feels as though this is the best horse in his yard....a bit worrying if you've lumped on First Flow if he's not even the best on Kim's gallops ....eek !

Last edited:
Bailey just confirmed that First Flow takes his chance but a decision on Vinndication will be made imminently

so as you were for now....

Good to see the 100% definitely going to the Ballymore any other suggestion is ridiculous has been left in "just in case".

I'll honestly cry, got Samcro for the Ballymore and Apple's Shakira in a 16/1 Double.
Covers all my Anti Post bets should it win which I'm more than confident. All but the Footpad, Apple's Jade, Boover Treble which I recently did.

Might stick something on Samcro for Supreme just incase at NRNB to cover my losses of that bet.

Last edited:
I'm not sure First Flow is entirely dependant on soft ground, his sire had excellent form on a sounder surface.
Looks the best e/w bet in the race. His time at Haydock was faster than The New One's.

Due to a set back, nowt to do with the likely going

Not a setback anyway. Here’s Bailey’s quote from RUK;

“He hasn't had a setback. He's just a bit weak and immature and I just felt taking him to Cheltenham would be a bit tough on him at this stage of his career," said the Andoversford-based trainer.

"He's a very nice horse and we've decided we'll but him away now until next season”

Even though I've backed him I can't for the life of me see Samcro lining up in the Supreme especially seen as he's now their only bullet for the Ballymore but yet again he's been squeezed in to 15/2 on the exchange. Who the hell is continuing to back him at that price knowing they'll do their dough if he doesn't run ?

The other puzzle is, its been widely spread in the media that Bet365 are in the soup if he runs as if I understand it he turned into a social media gamble giving them a huge liability. If they are indeed crapping themselves at the prospect of him lining up then why would they still be a standout 2/1 ?

Last edited:
I imagine the overnight rain has all but removed any chance Sharjah had.

I'll be happier now if they take him out to allow me to get most of my dough back. The small bet I took at 33/1 without the guarantees is dispensible.

Not a setback anyway. Here’s Bailey’s quote from RUK;

“He hasn't had a setback. He's just a bit weak and immature and I just felt taking him to Cheltenham would be a bit tough on him at this stage of his career," said the Andoversford-based trainer.

"He's a very nice horse and we've decided we'll but him away now until next season”

Kim Bailey never ever wanted to run the horse at Cheltenham and this has given him the ideal excuse to have things his way......He describes this horse less than a month ago as "Tough as Nails" now he's immature?

Very suspect but being a Samcro man :)

Back