Novice & Juvenile Hurdlers 2019/20

Jon Snow has his first entries this weekend

Runs in Cork on Sunday with Patrick booked.

Willie also runs Colreevy later on the card - her champion bumper win is looking very strong.

No gimmes for either though with Uhtred and Midnight Run in opposition for Joseph.

That bumper form is extraordinary. Four nice novices there to go to war with in any event.

Midnight Run is a proper animal too. Imor9.

Last edited:
Envoi Allen and Andy Dufresne are both in good form after their wins but Malone Road has had another setback and we probably won’t see him this season.
“Envoi Allen will go for the Royal Bond and maybe Abacadabras as well. Andy Dufresne will probably go two and a half miles at Navan next month.

Seeing AD going two & a half next again (as Elliot indicated today) made me think he's likely to go Ballymore. But then JP also has Blue Sari who I'd be surprised if went Supreme. Surely JP would want to split these two up so I really have no idea now!
If Envoi Allen wins the Royal Bond over 2, he could well stay at that trip & not go Ballymore as most thought he would initially.
To say it's a bit of a head scratcher as to where they will end up in March is an understatement.

Yes I'd agree PJ, but how many winners/runners in recent seasons have won the next season Champion Novices at the Festival?

I reckon the Champion Bumper has been sub par for a while now, with trainers avoiding sending their very best prospects. Add to that the horses that have been looked after for their novice hurdle season, plus France, and all the other sources of decent novices and it's not hard to see why the trends have changed so significantly.

For what it's worth though Envoi Allen and Blue Sari have both looked very good so far.

Grassy sends his best by the way. He was at HQ for the weekend trying to get the bug back.

last years bumper crop all look proper jump horses and even some of the non festival bumper horses over here look proper beasts

Not sure last years novice chasers or hurdlers were up to much so await some of these over fences next year to boot

Good old grass - he'll be back

Last edited:
Fairly taken with Unexcepted there for JP and Willie Mullins at Fairyhouse.

Looks a right weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked very good. Dispatched the second with similar ease to Envoi Allen.

There appears to be a quite ridiculous crop of novices around this season from what we've seen so far!

Abacadabras 11/10 takes on Fury Road 4/5 at Navan tomorrow. I'd have expected to be all over Abacadabras the next time he ran, but it's quite soon after his last run, taking on a stablemate, giving away 6lbs and on soft ground over 2m 4f.

Not sure what to make of it. Was certain Abacadabras was a perfect 2 miler and had supreme written all over him when he won the last day. Don't know what to think now....

Back