Older Flat Horses 2010

Just a word from here in France about CB. Remembering back to when he won the GREFFULHE last year. Fabre after the race said he'd be put away until the autumn, as his legs weren't up to running on fast ground. If the ground stays the same I won't be backing him Sunday, and my feeling watching the Ganay, especially how he held his head and the hanging at the end, made me think the Good ground there was too hard for him.

A warm and sunny day here - track description will definitely have the word firm in it come Saturday and Sunday unless there is a big break.

Connections of Cutlass Bay feel he will have raise his game if he is to retain his unbeaten record on Sunday.
The four-year-old is bidding to stretch his 100% streak to six.
The Halling colt is already a Group One winner, having taken the Prix Ganay on his last start for French trainer Andre Fabre, but faces his toughest test to date.
"I think he'll run really well. Obviously Fame And Glory is a better horse than the horses he's been racing against leading up to this race, so more will be required from Cutlass Bay if he is to prevail," said Godolphin's racing manager Simon Crisford.
"He's in good form and he's settled well into his Newmarket surroundings. The thing about him is if he gets some cut in the ground, it would help him a lot more to produce his best effort."

How badly will fast ground hinder Fame And Glory? Im starting to think he is a penalty kick.

dixie music will act as a pacemaker but if dettori ignores him and set a slow pace
fame and glory wont have his test of stamina

Last edited:
Glass Harmonium a big fancy of mine to follow this season... perhaps not quite good enough here though.

Maybe so Steve but at 8/1 I think you have enough margin for error especially if the front two have some slight ground concerns.

Maybe so Steve but at 8/1 I think you have enough margin for error especially if the front two have some slight ground concerns.

A fair enough point, I'd agree... I think Cutless Bay is too short and I wouldn't go odds-on on Fame, even though I think he'll win. You'd be desperate to make money to take 8/13.

Having said that I see GH won't take part himself if the going is too quick. It may not take much winning if nothing turns up.

Last edited:
Ive had to back Recharge e/w w/o FAG @ 12/1 considering I made him 14/1 in the race market. FAG a very backable 8/11.

Longchamp made a great call in his post about Cutlass Bay and the fast ground. FAG did it like he should and I got a touch with the second!

Just a word from here in France about CB. Remembering back to when he won the GREFFULHE last year. Fabre after the race said he'd be put away until the autumn, as his legs weren't up to running on fast ground. If the ground stays the same I won't be backing him Sunday, and my feeling watching the Ganay, especially how he held his head and the hanging at the end, made me think the Good ground there was too hard for him.

Great info.

Back