Older Flat Horses 2010

Job done - travelled beautifully.

Delighted to see them ride him aggressively too.

The only way to ride him ! but he beat very little today with Cutlass Bay bombing having joined Suroor and Chinese White plainly not handling the ground.

The Coronation Cup will be a much bigger test what with Sariska and gang .

I was thinking Irish Derby all over again. Will they persist at 1m 2f? I see no reason to step him up after that performance.

I would hate to see him run at Ascot - think it is just the wrong track and ground for him. Coronation next and then bring him back for the Autumn - he will be even better with a bit of an ease in the ground over 12 furlongs.

I think FAG is a better horse on 12f and softer ground, should be targeted to the Arc,
maybe the Irish Champion earlier with a break in the summer.

O'Brien willing to take the chance of a quick return in the Coronation if he comes out of the race well.

I am sure they will go there but the CC will be a much bigger test . Sariska looks like she may have improved from 3 to 4 and she had him well behind her in the Champion Stakes . F and G was probably over the top but she was given a massive amount to do that day and the time of the Middleton was very good.

Youmzain and Cavalryman ( though he looks as if he might have fallen to the curse of Godolphin ) also may run . That is a lot stronger field than this afternoon's affair.

Sariska's form looks a fair way below that achieved by Fam And Glory to me.

Can anyone tell me why Goldikova is still 3/1 for the Queen Anne after Head confirmed it as her target after today's win?

Can anyone tell me why Goldikova is still 3/1 for the Queen Anne after Head confirmed it as her target after today's win?

Lack of TV action I would think. I took a chunk of 7/2 last week and will be topping up from now until the day. If she's anywhere near her best PB will have to improve half a stone.

Well done Gearoid with Fame and Glory.

First time I've been impressed with the horse. Okay, the race was a farce in that Cutlass Bay, the only danger, never went a yard, but FAG looked like he'll win most Group 1s he enters this year, unless we see a top 3 year old out of the blue.

Get the feeling they might re-route F&G to Ascot now with Age Of Aquarius a possible for the Coronation - just a hunch.

Was told an amusing story today - Mike George, whose NOBLE JACK won at Lingfield today, and who sold IDLE TALK to Trevor Hemmings for near on £300K, said that he was offered two horses. They turned out to be MYMUMSAYSIMTHEBEST and PACO BOY. Unfortunately, he chose My Mum, because given the prices they were offered at, he didn't want to appear chintsy! :(

Back