Older Flat Horses 2010

Was told an amusing story today - Mike George, whose NOBLE JACK won at Lingfield today, and who sold IDLE TALK to Trevor Hemmings for near on £300K, said that he was offered two horses. They turned out to be MYMUMSAYSIMTHEBEST and PACO BOY. Unfortunately, he chose My Mum, because given the prices they were offered at, he didn't want to appear chintsy! :(

Perhaps you could tell Gold and Tregoning this story - Might make them feel better about selling Makfi!! I still don't understand how a horse with his pedigree went for the price he did...

Looks like the plan is to run him - looks an interesting race with Rite of Passage and Profound Beauty all getting weight off him.

If Age of Aquarius is as good as I think he is, he should be well fit to give Profound Beauty 3lb and Rite of Passage 5lb, especially with a prep race under his belt.

With AOA running tomorrow, there has been money for F&G for the Coronation Cup so guessing Fame And Glory sticks to the original plan.

Coronation Cup...

Bahkirov R. P. Walsh
Cavalryman Frankie Dettori
Dixie Music (IRE) J. A. Heffernan
Fame And Glory Johnny Murtagh
Jukebox Jury (IRE) Royston Ffrench
South Easter (IRE) Ryan Moore
Youmzain (IRE) Kieren Fallon
Clowance Jimmy Fortune
High Heeled (IRE) William Buick
Sariska Jamie Spencers

Betfred are the only ones on oddschecker with a market:

11/10 F&G
2/1 Sariska
7/1 Cavalryman
8/1 Youmzain (OVERPRICED™)
12/1 Jukebox Jury
14/1 High Heeled
33/1 South Easter
33/1 Clowance
100/1 Bashkirov
100/1 Dixie Music

Nothing hugely appealing there...

Cheers Gareth.

Youmzain each way looks appealing :D

Seriously, I would beg, borrow and steal to lay Sariska at that price.

I have a feeling that Youmzain might have declined since the Autumn. In Dubai he was held-up and just didn't pick up in the usual eye-catching manner for me.

Fame & Glory should be 4/6 for this.

2.2 on the machine right now. I can see him being very heavily backed on the day and being well odds-on. So piling in at that price and laying half of it off at say 1.9 would lead to a really good bet.

Absolutely, I am sick I did not take the bigger prices about him earlier in the week - thought they might go to Ascot with him. Really excited to see him on Friday.

As you know, I've not been his biggest fan but was very impressed by him at the Curragh. I think he is one of the best bets you'll get at evens in an all aged Group 1.

Corals out to get him at 5/4. Couple of firms paying 1/4 odds first 3 for those patience of Jobe-like Youmzain backers.

I'm amazed at the confidence behind F&G... He beat a couple of listed/G3 performers the last two times. One of those horses, Recharge, he thumped by over 20 lengths in the Irish Derby last year when the ground was soft so I don't think he has improved at all and I don't think the quick ground is in his favour. He can probably run to his lofty rating on soft ground but I think he's at least 5lbs worse on quick ground.

He's got a few lengths to find with Sariska on his Champion stakes running and on a line through Dar Re Mi he has a couple of pounds to find as well so I wouldn't touch him at the prices. I wouldn't lay him either because O'Brien is a master with his top 4yo's but I'll be backing against him for some value...

On his Champion Stakes running? He's got a few pound to find with City Leader on his Champion Stakes running. No point judging the horse on a run where he was a stone below form.

Back