Paddy Power

As I'm off on hollybags next week, I've had to "do" the race early. Therefore I am pleased to announce that either Maljimar or Barbers Shop will win the race this year.

Could they get any more personal than the guff he's thrown at me? I'd like an end to it, please - now that he's not allowed to sling the insults at me via PM I don't appreciate them being tolerated on the forum itself.

Either talk about the Paddy Power on this thread or best not to comment.

Anything else, please PM me and/or other mods.

As Andrew has pointed out, you've both been advised to keep your comments to horse racing when dealing with each other, and I wouldn't want to have to close down another thread given that this one is contemporary and still has legs (so to speak).

We'll have a chat about it later in 'moderators den' when we're fully quorate and see what line of action we can agree to. There is an early feeling emerging however that we've had enough of this now and are minded to move definatively

Most definitely Will. You almost get the feeling that with a slightly in and out one like him, and being trained by Pipe, first up may be the time to catch him.

Yes - but a more reliable place bet than win! Not to be trusted...

PS Having said which, I looked again at his record... he does seem to do best fto, but he's one of those horses who has 'days off' (most runs, he either wins or comes well down the field) and his chasing record is poor: one win against nothing, and one F.

His only run at Cheltenham was abysmal albeit over hurdles. Not for me!

Last edited:
Yes - but a more reliable place bet than win! Not to be trusted...

PS Having said which, I looked again at his record... he does seem to do best fto, but he's one of those horses who has 'days off' (most runs, he either wins or comes well down the field) and his chasing record is poor: one win against nothing, and one F.

His only run at Cheltenham was abysmal albeit over hurdles. Not for me!

He's perfectly trustworthy, but he clearly has his intermittent problems, which is why he is a terrible place only bet. I'd prefer him fresh at Ascot, in something like the Victor Chandler.

Agreed, I realised I'd been a bit unfair on the poor 'oss, which is why I put the PS in!
Also agreed I'd rather back him elsewhere than at Cheltenham

See Scoop 6 thread... Imo we must combine next Saturday, with or without FF, to try to win that massive pot. There will be a lot of us from both forums there on the day...

Best place to get cards (imo) is at form.horseracing.betfair.com on Tuesday. Entries will include colours, weights, advanced jockey bookings and Timeform Perspective comments for all runners who warrant such. That will be updated on Friday with final decs and jocks plus a slightly dubious Betfair SP forecast.

Best place to get cards (imo) is at form.horseracing.betfair.com on Tuesday. Entries will include colours, weights, advanced jockey bookings and Timeform Perspective comments for all runners who warrant such. That will be updated on Friday with final decs and jocks plus a slightly dubious Betfair SP forecast.

Blatant spam. Mods, please deal with this urgently.

Back