Paddy Power

Who is responsible for the forecast SP's BTW, Rory? I'd imagine it's spread around the team, I suppose.

I know Kevin Blake, who I have a lot of time for, does the Irish cards.

The betting forecasts are provided by betfair and not by Timeform's editorial staff. That is certainly the case with all the British stuff.

Last edited:
Who is responsible for the forecast SP's BTW, Rory? I'd imagine it's spread around the team, I suppose.

I know Kevin Blake, who I have a lot of time for, does the Irish cards.

I believe the tea lady gets the occasional shift, but davidjohnson may have a more accurate (although slightly less amusing) view on that.

Quite Simply Imperial Commander wins.

Fully recovered from injury after a break in Ireland.

OR of 139 is very generous would have been a top novice last year but for injury.

A blot on the handicap trust me get on. Still 8s with VC.

Watch for some suprise withdrawals at the 12pm decs today.

Arial, it's Wednesday today. The next declaration stage is the final one, ending at 10am tomorrow morning, not midday today.

Bible Lord as previously said, and Fleet Street for me, took 18s on Fleet Street this morning. Massive price.

Im slowing warming to Pipe's french inmate

Dont you think it is a bit harshly treated for what it has done and only gone on typically soft french ground so Heavy.

Too much of an unknown quantity unless you know something we dont. Besides if it was fancied I think it would be a bit shorter than 11s. Good Luck though Granger.

I know IC is considerably stepping up in class but its the one to be on. Change of tactics as well this time around he will not bound off in front but will be handy on the second circuit when the pace increases.

Im slowing warming to Pipe's french inmate

I cannot have him at all, granger - just doesnt have the form in the book to merit a 147 rating. I know the stable have been talking him up, but that apart, what's the attraction?

Main reason is nothing else stands out for me. He seems fairly nicely weighted, given his age has much scope for improvement and was given a glowing reference by Pipe midweek

I'm in a bit of a quandry. I'm not a Silverburn fan, I don't see that he has any form that entitles him to be regarded as particularly well handicapped and see no obvious reason for mega improvement. I do however believe Turko has a sound form chance, but he seems totally disregarded in terms of the stable pecking order, which leads me to the conclusion that Silverburn must be a good thing, which I don't really believe.

I will back Turko regardless.
I'll also take a chance on Don't Push It who, at the start of last season, I would have expected to have a rating of around 170 by now.
I'll also have a go at Sky's The Limit who I don't believe has much in hand of his handicap mark but reckon this might be his, err, Cheltenham, for this year.

I'm not really expecting to be any wealthier after the race.

I'll be taking a chance with the Henderson second string Fleet Street (e.w.) who reserves his best for Cheltenham and could be well handicapped. But if Silverburn really is a Grade 1 horse, as the stable believe, he will surely hose in off 143.

Silverburn to win doing handstands. I would be both shocked and amazed if he wasn't at least a 155 animal by the end of the year. I think he'll very much appreciate the drop back in trip, and will win comfortably. Sometimes it pays to look at the obvious.

Surprised to see Maljimar drift to 17 on betfair and he looks overpriced at that. Plenty of pace could set the race up for one with a similar style to him and this has long since been the target. Needs to improve but his profile is one that suggests he can and he clearly goes well fresh and at the track.

What is everyones 1-2-3.

I see the race like this

Imperial Commander taking up the pace 4 out Silverburn tracking him but not getting past him with IC clearing away up the hill with Maljimar running into a place.

1. Imperial Commander
2. Silverburn
3. Maljimar

Last edited:
What is everyones 1-2-3.

I see the race like this

Imperial Commander taking up the pace 4 out Silverburn tracking him but not getting past him with IC clearing away up the hill with Maljimar running into a place.

1. Imperial Commander
2. Silverburn
3. Maljimar

Maljimar is my pick. Nick Williams is the up and coming trainer.

I hear it has been raining all day in Cheltenham this is all good for IC when over in Ireland he trained in a bog and loved it he won his bumper on good to soft and a novice hurdle at Newcastle on soft but won't mind it heavy.

I can promise you all this he will not lack for fitness and is far superior than his 139 rating. Anyway I will stop going on now you have all been told.

Back