Paddy Power

I hear it has been raining all day in Cheltenham ... quote]

Welcome Arial.

Chucking it steadily down all day since the early hours. No let up since about 5.00 this morning.

Wednesday was dry and mild with a steady breeze.

Forecast dry and mild from tomorrow with the possibility of a light shower here and there. Mind you, that depends on which forecast you listen to!

Taken 5.2 on the favourite. I think the breathing op is key here. Noland looked different gear in Ireland compared to his outings last year after a similar operation. Even a slight amount of improvement should see him win this off 143 although I think his Sandown win has been a tad overrated so it`s for smallish stakes only. Also taken 16 on Maljimar win and place.

Last edited:
T Neill's Pipe horse for me

Remember Rose beats Master Minded 8 lengths.

Piraya beats Remember Rose 4 lengths.

Not normally one for the formbook or taking things literally but there are those who love that kind of thing.

50lbs well in anyone?

Except for the exact odds I could repeat the whole of Euro's post. I think that Maljimar is particularly good ew value.

What is everyones 1-2-3.

I see the race like this

Imperial Commander taking up the pace 4 out Silverburn tracking him but not getting past him with IC clearing away up the hill with Maljimar running into a place.

1. Imperial Commander
2. Silverburn
3. Maljimar

1. Fleet Street
2. Barber Shop
3. Bible Lord
4. Don't Push It

The day's prices seem remarkably close to the opening prices quoted earlier in the thread.

I only looked at the race for the first time last night and I've gone for Maljimar each-way. I suppose Silverburn could be a blot and Fitzgerald seemed very sweet on Barbers Shop this morning.

1. Maljimar
2. Barbers Shop
3. Fleet Street
4. Three Mirrors

Bish Bash Bosh the race went exactly how we expected hope a few of you got on although from the threads it appears like you did not.

Good call from the Pipe yard - two potential Champions in tommorow and both pulled out.

The ground at Cheltenham is sticky, sooner run them on an easy track like Kempton or Newcastle first time out in a long season.

Are you expecting him to go on to bigger and better things now?

NTD thinks that he will stay upto 3 miles 2, but the owner is not so sure so I can see a contrast of opinions coming up am sure NTD will get the final say though.

Would have thought it would also depend on the handicapper if IC goes up 12 or 13 would still be off a low weight in the Hennesey.

Suppose with todays ground,undulations and hill at Cheltenham would suggest that a flat Newbury with no up hill finish and prob a more modest race pace in the 1st half of the race would suggest Hennesey distance would be ok imo. He also has an entree for the King George. They really think he is something special.

I suppose the other route would be back to Cheltenham in December and then poss get him fresh for the Ryanair in March.

I will let you know if I hear anything.

Last edited:
Two points:

1 Ariel: Fab, Imperial Commander-Good Tip, Thanks

2 Irish: Wrong big time. Pipe has never pulled horses out because of the ground. The Pond House operation has a major problem. All horses are spent coming down the the hill. Shadow is bang on!! Fucked at the moment.

I saw David and Carol walking out from the unsaddling after Vodka Bleu and the Carol was shouting at David to calm down. He lost it
Johnson IMO is close to pulling out and Comp Or Die's national win let it rot for another season. No new Johnson horses, loads retired or gone to the grave"Monteith" 3 new hotpots with Nicholls??? Nov 2006 sat in Pipe's room he told me that DJ has slashed his horses and that he gets calls for all the best horsesfrom France but DJ wont purchase them now
Martin doesn't get involved in the paddock now with the Johnson horses and I think that the will withdraw to the sellers/claimers in Taunton etc and have a quiet life like long ago
David is a nice kid but the operation is going down rapid
Even Tom Scu is a jock that no one would use if the top jocks are available

Back