Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2011

I think that's a reflection on not knowing what route he takes to the race and also running in the King George is a negative as well. The race is starting to take shape from a betting point of view as the two market leaders - Pour Moi and SYT - are chronic prices.

I think that's a reflection on not knowing what route he takes to the race and also running in the King George is a negative as well. The race is starting to take shape from a betting point of view as the two market leaders - Pour Moi and SYT - are chronic prices.

SYT is a chronic price given he's odds against to line up seen as they clearly want to win a 3rd Cox plate with him.

Quarantine issues I reckon may stop that - he might have to miss the Irish Champion to run in the Cox Plate

Australian authorities won't recognise Ballydoyle as a quarantine centre - That's the issue.

I highly doubt he will run in the Cox PLate... His other owner Dato whatever his name is had said he is not that bothered about him running in Oz again, it wouldn;t make a great deal of sense either as he's already a champion there. I suspect the BC will be on the agenda. They may even run two in the Classic with Await the Dawn, either that or one each in the Turf and Classic.

The Arc was always the plan for So You Think when they brought him over but the 5/2 with the Tote is the word piece of odds compiling I've seen in a long time. What price would a King George winning St Nicholas Abbey be? 10/1 is a reasonable price given his form this year.

I think they thought So YOu Think was an arc horse but after his 4 runs they should focus in the Irish Champion and International.

I argee Suny but the market does not reflect it. It's not hard to see SNA taking a break after the King George and having a prep before the Arc. I don't necessarly fancy him but at 10/1 he is much better proposition than SYT.

On a similar theme, with Workforce also likely to miss the King George, Rewilding at the current 7/2 for that race looks far too big. He should be favourite I feel.

Could be wrong, David, but I think the 7/2 probably factors in the possibility that Rewilding may not be targetted at the King George. Given connections' belief that he needs a long time between races, they may be looking seriously at the Juddmonte International. I for one think Rewilding would be just as suited to the extended 10f as to 12 (after all, his very best form is over a fast run 10f). Sheikh Mohammed must be considering what a marvellous win that would be, if Rewilding could take the measure of the mighty Frankel! A few more kudos that possibly taking SNA's scalp.

This is what Simon Crisford said straight after the POW: “I expect we’ll look at the King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes (back at Ascot on Saturday, July 23) now and go back to a mile and a half, but we’ll see what Sheikh Mohammed says. He [Rewilding] really needs to have his races well spaced out so hopefully the King George should be just about right and then he could run in the Champion Stakes later in the year (at Ascot on Saturday, October 15).”

What's happened?
I have an idle small bet on Meandre, taken months back - at 160/1.
The price is now 15/1 ....

This kind of thing doesn't happen to my AP bets!

Happy with my current bet on Meandre from before the Grand Prix De Paris - only other likely bets are on the Far Eastern raiders on the day and a bet on Barocci when Lellouche realises tomorrow that the horse needs 12f like his sire.

Happy with my current bet on Meandre from before the Grand Prix De Paris - only other likely bets are on the Far Eastern raiders on the day and a bet on Barocci when Lellouche realises tomorrow that the horse needs 12f like his sire.

I think your on to a winner there Martin only I got on after the GPDP.

[FONT=&quot]Fame And Glory is being prepared for the Arc. I took some of the 25s at Coral today. He’s as low as 14/1 elsewhere.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fame And Glory is being prepared for the Arc. I took some of the 25s at Coral today. He’s as low as 14/1 elsewhere.[/FONT]

:lol::lol::lol:

This is the funniest post I've read on here - he should be 250/1, not 25. He has next to zero chance, and has been shown up twice already as nowhere near good enough.

Back