Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2011

It would be mental backing him e/w at this stage. Win only, no point in burning your money twice.

I am a big fan of FAG , I backed him in the Arc in the last 2editions and he has no chance for me this year, the only logic I find toback him at 25/1 is to think there will be many non runners and he is running to trade it later at a shorter price, he is not an Arc horse.

He's due to run at the Curragh on 20 August in the Listed 'Irish Leger Trial' over 1m 6. Would he not go for the Irish Leger after that? Early September.
And then back for the Arc?????

Where did Fame and Glory come in the weak Arc (outside the winner) that had Cavalryman, Conduit & Youmzain has the the top 3 horses behind Sea the Stars? Oh wait...

Conduit won two BCs and a KG , Cavalryman was Godolphined into the blue bin had he stayed with Fabre who knows what he might have done and Youmzain was brilliant round Longchamp .

That said I cannot see Fame and Glory winning an Arc .

Last edited:
I'd throw Galikova into the mix as being overpriced now too. She won well today and will surely enjoy 1m4f even more and should also continue to improve like her sister did as a three year old.

Last edited:
Meandre is way overpriced. Big up whoever had him at huge prices. I've done my antipost form study, and this is the winner to me at this moment in time...

Last edited:
Indeed, I am on Meandre and Galikova at present, the former at huge prices for shirt buttons on Betfair.

There is a lot of mileage in the market with Pour Moi and Nathaniel being such ludicrous prices. I've settled with Sarafina and SNA.

Has Fabre given any indication of how he thinks Meandre and Pour Moi compare? I was amazed how confident Fabre was about Pour Moi right before the Derby, whilst he had Meandre running in conditions and Listed races. I wonder if the latter has taken him by surprise with his improvement, or if he still considers Pour Moi a fair bit ahead.

Good thread, lots of strong opinions. For historical reasons here are the best prices available 16/08/2011.

3/1 Pour Moi
5/1 So You Think
7/1 Sarafina
7/1 Workforce
8/1 Nathaniel
12/1 Meandre
16/1 Galikova
16/1 Reliable Man
20/1 Baraan
20/1 St Nicholas Abbey
25/1 Fame And Glory
25/1 Victoire Pisa
25/1 Behkabad
25/1 Casamento
25/1 Roderic OConnor
33/1 Nakayama Festa
33/1 Silver Pond
33/1 Golden Lilac
33/1 Hiruno DAmour
33/1 Midday
33/1 Await The Dawn
33/1 Seville
33/1 Carlton House
33/1 Treasure Beach
33/1 Cape Blanco
50/1 Planteur
50/1 Scalo
50/1 Dubai Prince
50/1 Maxios
50/1 Prairie Star
50/1 Twice Over
50/1 World Domination
50/1 Mijhaar
66/1 Bar

Last edited:
Ah, merci mon cher Monsieur!
J'etais entièrement désolé mais maintenant je suis si hereux :):):)

Last edited:
Is there a possible shout for Nakayama Festa at 33/1? Does he run?

He runs along with Victoire Pisa, Nakayama Knight and Hiruno d’Amour. Story from JRA below:

http://japanracing.jp/_news2011/110814.html

Victoire Pisa would be my other overpriced runner at 25s but I can't see him shortening massively between now and then whereas Meandre and Galikova could easily be single figures on the day.

That's great news about the Japanese horses, and I see from the link that they've already arrived in France. Victoire Pisa definitely needs to be taken seriously.

Could well do. He's absolutely destroyed them there. "Too good for the Leger" meme about to hit in 3, 2, 1...

Back