Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2011

Did the commentator on SIS call the second Shaeta as Sarafina the whole way round? Matched at 2.6 and 1.3 on the Betfair win and place market?

Surely SYT was ridden out he back in deference to his doubtful stamina - for mine, he was running on fumes for much of the final furlong.

Snow Fairy and SYT ran tremendous races, but couldn’t give weight and distance to two 3yo fillies in a race run at a breakneck pace... trust me to pick the wrong 3yo filly though. Well done indeed IS!

Last edited:
Time and again, year after year you see horses running on from the back. They never win from there though. The time of the race is meaningless. How often is the race run on that sort of ground with that sort of gallop? Almost never.

SYT given too much to do, thought he did well to finish where he did but don't think he'd have troubled the winner. Looks like she could be quite special.

Snow Fairy and SYT ran tremendous races, but couldn’t give weight and distance to two 3yo fillies in a race run at a breakneck pace... trust me to pick the wrong 3yo filly though.

SF and SYT weren't even close to being good enough on the day Steve..that wasn't weight that made a difference there..the winner is just a lot better on the day than any of them

Well done IS for tipping that one!! Maybe the English/Irish/French jocks didn't give the winner enough respect but the way she bolted up none of 'em would habe got near anyway

Surely SYT was ridden out he back in deference to his doubtful stamina - for mine, he was running on fumes for much of the final furlong.

The horse finished 3rd in a Melbourne Cup over 2 miles, don't really think stamina is that much of an issue. He doesn't have an electric turn of foot so after having to weave his way through from so far back he didn't have the ability to sprint and catch up. I know it's only guess work but if they'd gone on for another furlong or so I think he'd have caught the other two fillies but not the winner.

The horse finished 3rd in a Melbourne Cup over 2 miles, don't really think stamina is that much of an issue. He doesn't have an electric turn of foot so after having to weave his way through from so far back he didn't have the ability to sprint and catch up. I know it's only guess work but if they'd gone on for another furlong or so I think he'd have caught the other two fillies but not the winner.

you don't have to sprint in a race like todays..you have to stay..the sprinters had it run out of them..the race was perfectly set up for a stayer like SYT..and he wasn't good enough

If you read my post again I didn't say he would have won only that IMHO it wasn't a lack of stamina that stopped him winning.

Last edited:
Well done backers of winner.

Very messy race for me, and ill more or less ignore the form of it myself.

Back