Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2011

both look rare then...does that make both too short?.it wouldn't encourage me to back them even though not certain stoppers

its the same with the draw

i think you need extra in the tank..which doesnt make it insurmountable..but in a top race like this you do need as much in your favour as possible

so many if's and buts..a very open race indeed

It wouldn't put me off. So You Think's career is not that of a typical horse in the first place. How many Eclipse winners have previously run in a Melbourne Cup, for example?

...likely to be loose on top, false ground. It's anyone's guess who this will suit... or rather inconvenience the least.

Last edited:
I keep coming back to her and have doubts with regard to "class" but those German and Italian tracks that Danedream has been running on are hardly bowling greens - in fact they look far more like Downpatrick or Catterick than Ascot or The Curragh, can't imagine loose ground would inconvenience her too much.

In digesting the 3yo stat,weight for age debate allied to the draw inquisition I have added a saver on Galicova with Ladbrokes on mobile app which will pay double the odds should she win. Come on the fillies!!

I get the feeling that Treasure Beach and SNA are in the race primarily for the benefit of SYT.I am going to have a lump on SYT at 5s with Powers-a modest bet on Treasure Beach at 33s and a modest reverse forecast.
I think Rainbow Quest was the last Arc winner I backed.

I am going to have a lump on SYT at 5s with Powers-

I think Rainbow Quest was the last Arc winner I backed.

No offence but I can kind of see why. If you're not good at a race it's best leaving it alone. Advice I should but don't follow myself unfortunately.

Not really much point in ante post betting when you see the prices, and places odds, 1/3 odds, available today.

Workforce at 10s ew is huge. Sarafina win only at 5s.

the race times today don't look like fast ground times..

they are watering again overnight to get good to soft accrding to what Gosden said

Exactly. People have gotten completely carried away. Ground perfect for my 2 main fancies.

Not really much point in ante post betting when you see the prices, and places odds, 1/3 odds, available today.

Workforce at 10s ew is huge. Sarafina win only at 5s.

Agree totally.
Terrific race: might be just about the best field since Sea Bird's day, and it would take a real superstar to emulate him.
If there's one in the field, for my money it's Sarafina and she's done nothing wrong since being unlucky last year.
Workforce surely has to place, at least.

a big fan of WF..backed him last year but just feel the messin about at 10f isn't ideal prep for this..may well be wrong but can't support him today..ground will suit for sure

Last edited:
Meandre already in the book - savers on Hiruno D'Amour and a small e/way on S.N.A. because I think there's some value in his price.

Godd luck all.

times are looking like Good..the sprint track hasn't been watered they said earlier..that was a fastish time..but is not representative of the round courses

Not been this nervous before a race for a long time. Hope there's no hard luck stories and that Sarafina wins and SNA places.

I don't think the going is as much to the advantage of the fast ground horses that we forecast it would be. It's spongy on top and baked hard underneath. The grass is left long so there is a bit of a cushion, helping those horses that want that.

Back