Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2012

Meh, it wasn't performance enhancing. If I was a Camelot backer I'd sooner Fallon rode it than anyone apart from Buick of the Jocks who might be available.

Just my view, but if Camelot does run, I'd love to see Keiren Fallon get the ride.
The more I look at the last 2 races, the more I'm convinced that JO'B asked for maximum effort while the horse was unbalanced, and that - more than anything - contributed to the lack of his usual finishing burst.
I know KF wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but there is still no finer exponent of gathering a horse together and waiting till he's completely poised, before delivering the coup de grace.
Might even consider him a solid bet - given the foregoing circumstance.

Agree with every letter. Glad you have come round re- J'OB Reet.

He doesn't suit a horse like Camelot, not over a mile + anyway.

It would rather be a chance for both Fallon and Camelot to show their class.

Please boss, make it happen:)

Last edited:
Scorpion is a while ago now Steve and apparently Godolphin said he could ride for Coolmore in the Oaks if they wanted him .

It is perhaps a surprise that Hughes is not in the frame considering how well he is riding nowadays . Far better than Fallon .

I prefer Fallon than Hughes

in fact the only jockeys I prefer to Fallon are Dettori, Ryan Moore, Murtagh and Buick, and in the same level Peslier and Soumillon.

I prefer Fallon than Hughes

in fact the only jockeys I prefer to Fallon are Dettori, Ryan Moore, Murtagh and Buick, and in the same level Peslier and Soumillon.

Fallon is no longer top class - fine for shoving home Mark Johnston plodders in handicaps but he seems to me to have lost his edge in better races .

Hughes is vastly improved in consistency - no doubt because he has conquered his demons - he makes far fewer mistakes and there seems to be much less showboating .

Last edited:
Looks like Camelot runs as Imperial Monarch has been taken out this morning (along with Nathaniel).

1 sea moon gb m.ps. 4 a. P2 59,5 *** KHALID ABDULLAH SIR MR. STOUTE 783.881
2 st nicholas abbey ire m.ps. 5 a. P2 59,5 *** . D.SMITH/MME J.MAGNIER/M.TABOR AP. O'BRIEN 2.981.873
3 meandre m.ps. 4 a. P2 59,5 *** . FAMILLE ROTHSCHILD A. FABRE 807.117
4 mikhail glinka ire m.ps. 5 a. P2 59,5 *** RAMZAN KADYROV A. SHAVUYEV 226.136
5 robin hood ire m.ps. 4 a. P1 59,5 *** . MME MAGNIER/M.TABOR/D.SMITH AP. O'BRIEN 41.124
6 reliable man (gb) m.ps. 4 a. P2 59,5 *** . PRIDE RACING CLUB A.DE ROYER DUPRE 1.175.322
7 orfevre jpn m.ps. 4 a. P2 59,5 *** . SUNDAY RACING CO. LTD Y. IKEE 9.078.767
8 AVENTINO JPN M.PS. 8 a. 59,5 *** MLLE KAZUKO YOSHIDA Y. IKEE 103.488
9 shareta (ire) f.ps. 4 a. P2 58 *** S.A. AGA KHAN A.DE ROYER DUPRE 1.726.199
10 haya landa f.ps. 4 a. P1 58 *** MME ODETTE FAU MME L. AUDON 124.285
11 solemia (ire) f.ps. 4 a. P2 58 *** . WERTHEIMER & FRERE C. LAFFON-PARIAS 239.555
12 kesampour m.ps. 3 a. P2 56 *** S.A. AGA KHAN M. DELZANGLES 220.800
13 camelot gb m.ps. 3 a. P2 56 *** . D.SMITH/M.TABOR/MME J.MAGNIER AP. O'BRIEN 2.186.314
14 masterstroke usa m.ps. 3 a. P2 56 515 . GODOLPHIN SNC A. FABRE 215.100
15 ERNEST HEMINGWAY IRE M.PS. 3 a. 56 *** . MME MAGNIER/M.TABOR/D.SMITH AP. O'BRIEN 8.275
16 yellow and green gb f.ps. 3 a. P2 54,5 *** CHEIK ABDULLAH BIN KHALIFA AL T N. CLEMENT 134.535

The market would suggest that Camelot set the gallops on fire this morning and that Frankie rides.......maybe he can finish fourth now...;)

Looks like Ernest hemmingway is the likely winner and my 1000 on betfair was a shrewd investment after all....

Fallon is no longer top class - fine for shoving home Mark Johnston plodders in handicaps but he seems to me to have lost his edge in better races .

Hughes is vastly improved in consistency - no doubt because he has conquered his demons - he makes far fewer mistakes and there seems to be much less showboating .

what big races he is riding?

I priced a special up yesterday and put Dettori in at 10/1 to ride him. There was a huge amount of money requested from interesting sources.

From Twitter...

Isabel Mathew ‏@iebmathew
Rumours circulating that #Danedream could be supplemented into the #prixdelarcdetriomphe tomorrow following a possible mix up at Cologne...

Comedy scenes. Never known an antepost market like this.

From Twitter...

Rumours circulating that #Danedream could be supplemented into the #prixdelarcdetriomphe tomorrow following a possible mix up at Cologne...

I replied to her earlier that there are rumours Sea-Bird could turn up due to a mix up with his death certificate, adding that I wouldn't believe those either.

Great Heavens surely will be supplemented and if she is I'd think with all the weight allowance she'd have a cracking chance.

It's a lot of money to flush away. They didn't supplement Nathaniel last year when they said they might. I hope she does go though. A bit to find but I like the idea of improving 3yo fillies in the Arc.

Saonois is expected to be supplemented.

Last edited:
From Twitter...

RUK has taken the trouble to bury it. Danedream was backed from 1,000/1 to 10 on Betfair in the meantime. Amazed at how anyone could buy this. But Isabel has made her money for the weekend.

RUK has taken the trouble to bury it. Danedream was backed from 1,000/1 to 10 on Betfair in the meantime. Amazed at how anyone could buy this. But Isabel has made her money for the weekend.

Patrick Barbe, spokesman for Teruya Yoshida, part-owner of Danedream, tells the Post "there is no substance" in rumour she could run in Arc. The chances are one in a million unless the German Jockey Club say they made a mistake"

There was never any substance to this rumour, and it's amazing how the goldfish bowl of twitter can create such waves on the back of one uninformed comment by one silly journalist.

Back