Punchestown Festival 2017

Betway are 3/1 about Labaik.

I've been in the middle of a Can't-Buy-Luck/Useless-Arse phase since Day One at Aintree, but FWIW, have gone with these today:

Need To Know: Was going well behind Henry's mare when unseating, and I think the form against On His Own and Grand Jesture reads well in the context of this race.
Tudor City: Improved for the application of cheek-pieces - might be reasonably-well handicapped as a result.
God's Own: Think he was slightly unlucky/not get run of race in the Tingle Creek. This track will suit.
Acapella Bourgeois: No matter he was gifted the race at Navan, his form is still strong, and this trip makes Disko vulnerable - especially after some hard races.

Last edited:
I'm very much against Aca Bourgeouis today

He is the best horse in the race when he gets his conditions but

Should never have run at Cheltenham under those conditions, it bordered on abuse

I'd fear he won't be the same horse again

Dunno, PJ - you might be over-playing it a bit.

AB was basically crucified for trying to serve it up to Might Bite for 20 furlongs in the RSA, and he was allowed to come home in his own time, once the first of the closers passed him. I don't think they have buried the horse, by running him in the race, and the distance beaten isn't a reflection of how well he ran, imo.

He's tried in a hood and tongue-tie today, I note. Not sure if I should be worried or pleased!

According to Twitter, BetVictor will refund losing bets on Labaik if he refuses to start. They are currently 9/4.

Best I could come up with:

"BetVictor spokesperson Charlie McCann explained:

“We have now refunded on 180 horses who have lost all chance at the start of their race and not given our customers a fair crack of the whip. Labaik is our 9/4 second favourite behind Melon in tomorrow’s Grade 1 Novice Hurdle and punters will surely want to back the Gordon Elliot-trained grey at BetVictor with the insurance of money back if he is not on a going day.”

I've availed myself.

Last edited:
Best I could come up with:

"BetVictor spokesperson Charlie McCann explained:

“We have now refunded on 180 horses who have lost all chance at the start of their race and not given our customers a fair crack of the whip. Labaik is our 9/4 second favourite behind Melon in tomorrow’s Grade 1 Novice Hurdle and punters will surely want to back the Gordon Elliot-trained grey at BetVictor with the insurance of money back if he is not on a going day.”

I've availed myself.
Sounds decent enough, have to remember that in his last run before Cheltenham he didn't technically refuse, but gave away 50 lengths at the start!!!

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Thinking about it the only Victor account I have access to is one where promotions (BOG and the like) have been withdrawn. I suspect the cunts wouldn't refund me.

Labaik is set to be declared for the Champion on Friday too so if he doesn't start off on terms you'd have to think Kennedy will have been told to not start him off some 30 lengths behind and they'll wait until Friday. The only reason they let him start at Naas was because he'd have been suspended from racing due to 3 consecutive refusals.

I've availed of the 5/2 with Victor as that's an excellent bet with the insurance.

ANyone got anything in the last today? Interesting that Hobbs sends over the favourite on debut for JP, I really like the breeding on Pottsie for Mouse though and have gone each way first thing.

*EDIT* Apologies... Clearly late to this party!! My Tapatalk hadn't updated the thread.

Betvictor offering 5/2 Labaik AND Money back if he refuses to race. Not sure to what stakes. Just saw it on Twitter.

Last edited:
Reckon that had little to do with his ability though DG. Reminiscent of Tottenham selling Gazza to Lazio perhaps.

According to Twitter, BetVictor will refund losing bets on Labaik if he refuses to start. They are currently 9/4.

There are a lot of independent bookmakers in Ireland who offer that concession on every race -money back if your horse refuses to race.I think Melon is a strong bet regardless.

FWIW, I can only see Labaik hit 7/2 in one place (Totesport) and he was quickly clipped back into 5/2 and 11/4 both times they pushed him out.

100/30 available with Betway, and 3/1 with 188 and Matchbook, but he is generally an 11/4 chance.

Back in to 5/2 with BetVictor and generally 11/4. No drama hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back