QM Champion Chase betting

Grass. I agree that form is first second and third but I cannot ignore comments altogether. There is a bit of a tendency to hang on to the greivances in betting isnt there?

Indeed, indeed.

it's pincipally for this reason that I think Oliver Sherwood and Paul Webber are a couple of wankers.

Last edited:
Sire De Grugy will have to give Far Wast 26lbs tomorrow and Melodic Rendezvous 21lbs if they turn up.
Melodic Rendezvous has a touch of class and loves soft ground and SDG at the weights could find it tough going to beat him.

Chepstow is one of the most exhaustive courses in the country when it riding soft/heavy.

Even if he wins on the bridle he'll have had a hard race in the ground and if he's beaten that could be even tougher on him

With a recovery time of at least 10 days for the average horse they are pushing it a bit.

This looks like desperation to me rather than a well thought out plan

Obviously there are fitness issues for them to gamble like this

Last edited:
Mullins has said a Handicap most likely for Ballycasey.

I'd be fairly sure his run over here last week was to give him a spin and a nudge in the right direction to the handicapper over here. I'd also be interested to know whether they took him back or whether he's stabled somewhere over here already with a few others?

this looks like a confidence booster after the fall..bet it just gets a run round without being bothered about the result too much

If it was level weights you could see it as a schooling round....but seems an odd one to put him in a race giving so much away. The obv think he needs the run...

I'd be fairly sure his run over here last week was to give him a spin and a nudge in the right direction to the handicapper over here. I'd also be interested to know whether they took him back or whether he's stabled somewhere over here already with a few others?

Even if they drop him a couple of pounds he will be running off 150 odd. Wouldn't be tempting me personally.
Pretty sure he went back home judging by the comments by Mullins 'I imagine he'll travel to Cheltenham for a handicap'.

If it was level weights you could see it as a schooling round....but seems an odd one to put him in a race giving so much away. The obv think he needs the run...

2m non-handicaps that 172 horses qualify for would be pretty thin on the ground this time of the year - agree with EC; it looks a confidence booster, and he'll be given the same sort of hard tine Sprinter Sacre was on his re-introduction.

Whatever the outcome of it tomorrow SDG has to be a big lay for the festival.Maybe they have left him a bit short but Chepstow?Im not a layer but I'd go as far as saying place lay with confidence for QMCC.
SS
CF
DB
hopefully in that order but CF might Nick it depending on what they will ask of the aeroplane.

Last edited:
"I schooled a few of Nicky’s Cheltenham runners on Friday morning and the team as a whole seems very well. Peace And Co, Josses Hill, Vaniteux and L’Ami Serge all pleased me, but the star of the show was SPRINTER SACRE, who really felt great. Nicky spoke very positively about him last weekend and I can only add to that. He’s definitely come on for the run at Ascot and is giving us all the right signs"

And the bookies still want to lay him? Just goes to show if it were Arkle himself they'd still probably lay him because history says they never come back.

My Response? I backed him yet again :ninja: I feel like half a Robin Hood...........rob the rich and keep the money:)

Yes . But suspicion he could be like a rickety old sports car. Goes like a dream when it's a spin round the block but take it for a proper drive and you end up standing in the fcking rain waiting for the RAC

Last edited:
"I schooled a few of Nicky’s Cheltenham runners on Friday morning and the team as a whole seems very well. Peace And Co, Josses Hill, Vaniteux and L’Ami Serge all pleased me, but the star of the show was SPRINTER SACRE, who really felt great. Nicky spoke very positively about him last weekend and I can only add to that. He’s definitely come on for the run at Ascot and is giving us all the right signs"

And the bookies still want to lay him? Just goes to show if it were Arkle himself they'd still probably lay him because history says they never come back.

My Response? I backed him yet again :ninja: I feel like half a Robin Hood...........rob the rich and keep the money:)

you are in so deep, you have now entered a parallel state of being

sdg putting the cat amongst the pigeons there. jumped really well and won easily giving lumps of weight. right back in the mix for cheltenham now.

Must admit I was impressed..Not at what he beat.....they were trees and lack of weight doesn't make them go any faster.

What impressed me is he looked to enjoy himself and still has the will to win.

Hope SS is well as they say he is as he's going to have to be.

As for Dodging Bullets..........10/1 in what looks like a 2 horse race would be a compliment now.

Good stuff, I like the horse, roll on the 11th March
My ticket arrived yesterday for CC day, Did I mention I'm going? :lol:

Last edited:
Back