QM Champion Chase betting

yeah i've given up listening to henderson. if he's ready to race now like he says then why isn't he racing him at kempton next week? it's a nonsense

the annoying thing is if the horse comes back there'll be some crediting henderson with a fantastic training performance etc. ignoring the fact the horse is probably still 10-20lb ahead of anyone else in the division and would win by default.

hope we see him back asap but still get the feeling henderson is simply petrified of the horse not being the same and getting beat.

hope we see him back asap but still get the feeling henderson is simply petrified of the horse not being the same and getting beat.

nail on head

If you watch Henderson each time the horse has run..and compare his body language to say Nicholls..the man is a total ball of nerves..he is physically shaking after the race

NH has a history of being a very patient man..and will only run a horse the minimum number of times..if anyone was around when See You Then won 3 CH's you can guauge his patience just with that horse..it was brilliant to do what he did with a virtual crock...but if we had been chatting then on forums there would have had so many impatient punters saying..when is SYT going to run?

I think now as he is an older man he doesn't find the game easy when dealing with something so special..you can see how it affects him.

The horse has the potential to be the Frankel of jumps...probably could be said he already is..i know that i haven't seen a horse win so easily without even engaging his top gears over the sticks...we do have a special animal..we all know that..i don't need telling how good he is and i doubt anyone else does

its one of those situations where we have to be patient..but he does need to be honest with people..sometimes you are best to say nothing in these situations

You are right about him being a ball of nerves EC. He used to write regular on the Lambourn TA I wrote on it and said the way he was getting worked up when SS ran there was more chance of him keeling over than the horse............he hasn't been back on since lol

I clearly remember the amount of doubt surround See You Then's participation in the Champion Hurdle and how frustrated punters were.

It's very much a case of whether you think he's full of crap as Colin suggests or not but he did seem a bit annoyed the other day when he said the horse was in tip top condition and didn't understand why no one would believe him.

If I was Nicky Henderson under those circumstances I wouldn't tell anyone a damn thing.

James ask why he is not running in the Desert Orchid? I can actually answer that....but then I'd have to kill you:lol:

There is absolutely no sense in running him at Kempton when he can run at Ascot in the old VC race a couple of weeks later which gives him time to get a racecourse gallop into him. He could then still take in the Game Spirit Unlikely) or go straight for the QMCC. At this stage he could still take in 4 races inc Aintree and Punchestown so there's no great hurry

Last edited:
Henderson is full of shite - NAP!

Well imagine that...guess who's going to Newbury for a gallop and to jump a few fences.

I may not be privy to everything that goes on at Seven Barrows but up to now everything I have been told has been spot on.

Really Colin I think you are being unfair to the man. NJH isn't exactly a motormouth and rarely talks to the media until they corner him.

In this instance you can bet Newbury contacted the media who then went to NJH to confirm.

He's not the type to be calling them and only says what he has to.

We all know what the press are like:

They ask a question like...Will Sprinter Sacre go for the Tingle Creek?

NJH.If I can get him ready in time and I think he is ready...

And the next day you read: Sprinter Sacre to take on Sire DE Grugy in the Tingle Creek like it was the gospel and everything else omitted

I'm not trying to defend NJH but surely a man of your years know it is the media and the racing fraternity who are full of shite and trainers are often misquoted or their words twisted to suit.

They are out to sell papers or promote racing and don't mind misquoting others or even lying through their teeth to do so.

James ask why he is not running in the Desert Orchid? I can actually answer that....but then I'd have to kill you
you can always PM me. i can be discreet. :)

At this stage he could still take in 4 races inc Aintree and Punchestown so there's no great hurry
4 racecourse gallops maybe. but i'll set the over/under on 0.5 for the number of races he has this year.

in all seriousness i wonder if njh regrets the end of the season in 2013 where he raced him at cheltenham, aintree and punchestown. it's rare you see any horse do all 3 and he didn't look quite the same in ireland.

interesting to hear rory delargy say on the ff podcast that an 'insider' at the hendo yard said its more likely we see sprinter sacre soon than simonsig. be nice to see at least one of them in a race again.

If champagne fever doesn't get the trip later today in the KG, anyone of the opinion he could show up here?

If he can't win an Arkle, he's unlikely to ever have the pace for a QM.
Nothing in his form or his breeding suggests he won't get the trip, and (errors apart) it's hard to see him not concerned in the finish. Onwards and upwards, thereafter.

Sprinter Sacre - with the 4s, you are just betting on him coming back within 15 pounds of his best. That has to be significantly less than 4s.

ballycasey is in the leopardstown two miler

Took 20's with PP on CF for the QM.

Ballycasey looked like Ricci 2M horse if all went to plan today with CF, but now could be one for the Ryanair, having form beating don Cossack over 2M 5 as a novice.

If Balleycasey runs respectably, then CF surely goes Ryanair route, with Balleycasey heading to the Champion Chase? Indeed, it might go that way even if Balleycasey doesn't run well. I'd be genuinely surprised if they sent CF to the Gold Cup now (utter no-hoper stamina-wise) and even more amazed if they dropped him back to 2m for the QMCC.

Last edited:
Don't know so much Grassy.......The could do that American thing and have Ballcasey act as a pony to lead Sprinter Sacre down to the start :lol:

As far as C Fever goes if they changed the QMCC into a handicap he still wouldn't beat Sprinter at his best.

We will of course know more on Monday afternoon. If SS impresses every bookie in the country will be running for cover.

Any bookie losing their bottle on the back of a racecourse gallop from the Aeroplane, wants checking for a set of testicles, if you ask me.

Rather you than me.

Dont really fancy the idea of shoving a hand down Barry Denis's y fronts even if you do.

Oh bookies have balls ok...enough balls to cut any Cheltenham bound horse to ridiculous prices of they as much as win a poorly contested trial despote the form being next to worthless. They know that they are thousands of mug punters who will stick a fiver a tenner or more on at these silly prices. On the day the horse they took the **** out of the mug punters with and laid at 3/1eg is available at his true chance odds of 11/2 eg and they eliminate all risk and walk away with a risk free profit...in the meantime the wiser punter is sitting thinking are they joking 3/1 about that thing...fook they got some balls on them thinking I would back it at that price.

If Sprinter Sacre looks the business and does anything out of the ordinary like clear his fences by 2ft you can bet your tiny little backside they would think nothing about halfing his odds because they know there phones will be rining off the hook

Back