QM Champion Chase betting

To be fair, Tanlic, the poor-showing by the rest of the 'serious' 2m candidates in the Desert Orchid and Dial-a-Bet chases, will have had more to do with Sacre's price-cut, than anything the Aeroplane did in his gallop.

He's probably for backing now, I have to admit. He could run 2-stone below his best, and still win the QMCC - they are a dire lot in the 2m chase division.

I couldn't possibly agree with that Grassy........I visit the exchange every day, several times a day and have watched every penny that's been matched and I reckon I took a big chunk of the 4's that was available and I took all the 7/2 this morning Thai time when you lot were sleeping....Several UK bookies were offering 4/1 but only for buttons this morning and it wasn't until after the gallop the prices changed right across the boards.......Don't worry I left 1 pound at 3.8 on the machine just in case you wanted to have a bet :p It would seem no Betfair punter is now prepared to lay him at anything better than 4 which I grabbed during racing today.

Anyone who thinks he's too short now......wait until/if he's in the 4 days at Ascot and you won't get 2/1 during those 4 days......If he runs and wins well even if he beats trees but looks the part the bookies will have him odds on in a flash unless there's good news from the Sire De Grugy camp.

Just watched the video on RUK - He stands off the second a mile! He also flys the first and bar that over exuberance at the second, he certainly looked well and galloped right out on the flat.

Is it me or is his coat getting lighter? He looks less black.

i've no issue with bookies cutting him on the back of today. going on some of the comments in twitterland you'd think what they've done is beyond belief and when you say the line "bookie cuts horse on the back of a racecourse gallop" it does sound ridiculous but in reality today was not an insubstantial stepping stone to his future. it's his first time back in a racecourse environment and they needed to see how he'd react both physically with his heart and also mentally with his confidence and from what i saw he seemed full of zest and enjoyed himself. geraghty and hendo were all smiles after which tells its own story.

I have a question James....where was it actually shown? I'd love to see a recording if anyone knows where one is available

Oops aragorn has just pointed me in the right direction...........btw Aragorn he never was black......he was nicknamed the Brown Aeroplane but someone though black sounded better and they changed it..or so the story goes

That was just what the doctor ordered. Very hard to judge how fast he was actually going without the train he usually outruns but you can't expect everything :D

Thanks A

Last edited:
Just had a small bet on Sprinter Sacre at 11/8ish for the Clarence House.

I'd lump on and advice anyone to do the same but it's not whether he'll be ready in time, nor is it about whether he can win it or not.

It's that hellish British weather........If it turns up a bog and there's got to be a chance it will then he will bypass Ascot and go straight to Cheltenham come what may for those who never saw the interview.

Not a bad move I suppose, Bomb off in front and has proved over 2m that on his day that he's mighty tough to pass
Blatantly doesn't get 3m and Ballycasey will go the 2m5f route

He really should be running in the Ryanair. I get why they may contemplate it. Let's wait and see what the beast does on his comeback (hopefully).
They may quickly have another rethink.

According to Ruby it's a case of how far back in trip but if Willie Mullins has said differently fair enough.

My take on his King George run is that it wasn't just a lack of stamina but also a lack of ability that contributed to his defeat.

3rd in the Racing Post 2nd in a not so hot Arkle, Outdone by God's Own and co in a good race, won a poor race at odds on well beaten in the King George

He can be breathtaking at times but he is not always great at his fences and his style of running demands that you are if you are going to win in top class company

He wouldn't be on my radar for either the QMCC nor the Ryanair unless he was a big price and backable EW

No wonder......NJH has said his splint has completely healed and it's only little niggly things that are keeping him off the racecourse.

I heard it was a muscular problem which is worrying if true.

Apart from allergies Binocular had similar problems which they never did get to the bottom of and it all but ruined his career and eventually ended it.

NJH should be much more open and say exactly what the problem is but most likely wont.

His policy is the more you tell them the more they want to know so the less said the better.

The objective is to keep the press away and let him get on with his real job...........driving his landrover.:lol:

Last edited:
No wonder......NJH has said his splint has completely healed and it's only little niggly things that are keeping him off the racecourse.

I heard it was a muscular problem which is worrying if true.

Apart from allergies Binocular had similar problems which they never did get to the bottom of and it all but ruined his career and eventually ended it.

NJH should be much more open and say exactly what the problem is but most likely wont.

His policy is the more you tell them the more they want to know so the less said the better.

The objective is to keep the press away and let him get on with his real job...........driving his landrover.:lol:

He has a shadow on his hind leg. Any suggesting that shadow was the mark of the bottom of a gin glass is entirely fabricated. NJHs record with chasers year on year in shockingly bad.

Back