Racing Post Charge

Just a few changes to the font and layout on cards and form. It's still highly annoying that it doesn't "default" to how you'd like to see the cards, I'm going to need a new mouse soon as I seem to have to click about 4 times to see the ratings for one runner.

I'd say it's quicker than the old one for me Gal. I presume you have cleared your cookies, temp internet files etc.? And are using an upto date browser like Firefox 3 or IE7?

I should say, it is not as bad as it was at the start but opening up raceform or a card is still not as quick as it was on the old site. "Painful" might have been an exageration!

Still very slow for me too.

Also, I find I can't use it the way I'm used to.

Previously, I could always go to the future cards section and, for Saturdays, there was always a link to TV races. I could then print that off the night before. That 'TV Races' facility doesn't seem to exist and the print facility includes huge ads for stuff I don't want.

I stopped buying the paper when it went up to £1.80. For me that represented the last straw. Given the limited use I put it to, the paper had been poor value for me for some time. I'd rather pay a few pence for a tabloid and use the cards there. Some of the tabloid cards are excellent in their layout.

So, the paper's crap. The website's crap. BBC coverage is crap. C4 coverage is crap. I reckon I'll be giving the game up in the new year.

It crashes my laptop everytime. I like the layout but if it doesnt get it's shtt together I will be lost to ATR forever. Won't even risk it now.

It's working better than it was but it's still slower to use than the old site and not as functional.

Two things I miss in the form section are the graphs option, and the little blue arrowhead tabs indicating whether a horse has had a previous or subsequent run. Very useful when trying to evaluate the quality of maiden and novice form. Very annoying when you have to click on every name in order to find the one or two which have been out before or since.

Just spent two days labouring for my brother on hid barn revovation in Brecon.

The internet signal is not the best and it showed the new RP website at its most cumbersome, what used to be a 30 minute hobby has become a 3 hour torment - my opinion has'nt changed, its s**t.

Seasons Greeting - MR2

It's working better than it was but it's still slower to use than the old site and not as functional.

... I miss ... the little blue arrowhead tabs indicating whether a horse has had a previous or subsequent run ... quote]

You could flick back and forth through a single horse's form without having to go back to its form card and open another race. Still very cumbersome but it has got a little bit quicker.

Irritating in that even when you set the "My Ratings" facility they don't always show up on the result sheet.

Working very well now

the explorer is a nightmare but with the google chrome working fast

the rating lb/lenght working good, trainers statistics solved

there can be done some more improvements but many of the problems solved.

I miss ... the little blue arrowhead tabs indicating whether a horse has had a previous or subsequent run
Irritating in that even when you set the "My Ratings" facility they don't always show up on the result sheet.

agree on both

also in the web for a horse
my ratings and besides de RPR is a help they dont show us

also a different colour for hdl and chase form
or turf and dirt would be a help too

cutting library working worse than in the past too

Last edited:
Worth pointing out that Timeform have made their horse search facility (complete with ratings) free until New Year's Day.

I'm using the sportinglife site for racecards but only on the day. They are very clear and well laid out

If I want tomorrow's decs I still have to go to the RP; but it seems to be working a lot better than it was at first. Still looks horribly fussy to me though

I was having a lookat the Pierse hudle earlier, it wouldnt let me put the racecard in weight order or ratings order!!!

Thought I'd ressurect this old dog, when I clicked on the site there was an invitation to complete a survey. Never one to refuse help I thought I'd throw in my two-pennywoth.

So I logged in, but can I find the survey - can I ummers. Typical of user-friendliness of the new site.

Anyone point me to it?

MR2

Ahh now that might just be spot on. I remember a couple of years ago, the Boast ran a double page soapbox piece about the amount of racing and linked it to a poll upon which we could vote ..... IS THERE TOO MUCH RACING , VOTE NOW !! answer YES!! / no

when the 'no' votes won the result was tucked away in a corner on page 17

Why is it that the majority of stories are viewable on the RP website yet the odd one demands that you log in to view it? Is it a precursor to having to log in to access all stories (as on the old site) which itself is a step towards having to pay for the lot?

Why is it that the majority of stories are viewable on the RP website yet the odd one demands that you log in to view it? Is it a precursor to having to log in to access all stories (as on the old site) which itself is a step towards having to pay for the lot?

Seems like it. If you try to access certain things without logging on a little sign comes up saying "Log in to experience the Members Enclosure for free".

Wouldn't surprise me if a small charge for certain areas crept in just before the Cheltenham Festival or the beginning of the Flat.

I hate that when you log in, close down and then when you go back in all your info is gone and you have to log in again!

luxury!... I'm running Windows 2000, so I can't even view the site anymore, as 2000 is incompatible with OE7.

I dont think they are going to charge in the future,

I would be prepare to pay because the service is fantastic but they have provided it for free for such a long time that they would have problems to be paid.

It is a situation like when a burger price something that was 3 pounds to 1 pound for a long time and the people associate the price to 1 and think 3 is too expensive.

Back