Racing Replays

Seems like the good work done by the some of the main contributors on here were appreciated more by genuine racing fans than by Youtube litigators. Fecking nazis???

Unfortunately, Racing UK are clamping down on the racing footage on Youtube. My account has now been permanently suspended along with quite a few others who have been uploading races.

A lot of good stuff turning up on DailyMotion these days. Including most of Kingpresa's French races.

From The Gaurdian:

Some publicity is bad publicity

No sooner had an excellent feature appeared in the Racing Post about the wealth of video material available on YouTube for horse racing fans, than large chunks of it disappeared. It would appear that one broadcaster in particular took action at what it felt was a breach of its copyright and had swathes of material removed, particularly replays of old renewals of famous races. Also suddenly disappearing were a number of greyhound races, suggesting that the Racing Post's article had been read widely within the industry.

This sport hates itself.

World Horseracing site

Does anyone know the web address for a site I think is called World Horse racing. I used to have the link before my old PC broke and cannot find it now.

It used to have all the group races from around the world on it shortly after they where run. I would like to see the Arc trials which are held tomorrow esp. Zarkava and cannot make the bookies.

New to this forum, first post. I wanna just say im real sorry for what happened on you tube, i do think that i was in part responsible for it, uploadin too much up to date stuff, n leavin the tape runnin showing that they were clearly recorded from bbc/ch4, i think i brought it on top for the others, and knowing the amount of work it took to upload, id like to aplogise to arazi n manced & the other guys who uploaded, and everyone who like me, enjoyed watchin their videos. I guess thats money and greed for ya.
Its a real shame, it was good while it lasted.
Some day......

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it; it was bound to happen sooner or later once the bods at RUK decided they wanted to "protect" their property.

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies and for the welcome note,
The thing i dont understand is how ruk claimed they belonged to them, ive never even watched that channel since they started charging people for it n' certainly never recorded any footage of theirs.

I knew id done too many when i got to about 150. Should have left it at that n not loaded any race that was already on there, it was pointless doing that.

It will be part of their deal with the courses that they own the video rights to the races they've had taken down.

Hi, That might explain it then yes although would those rights also apply to races at those courses before they came into existence? probably not but they'd say it would. Not sure how long theyve been around for ruk.
I only had one video taken down for copyright n that was ouija boards oaks, and i know that ruk were televising epsom that day, even tho i recorded it from the bbc.

Racing videos

Tried to post this 3 times now so sorry if you get loads of postings but had to say 1991Generous bro it it aint your fault its the greedy tv thats to blame. RUK never gave a SH*t until they saw (tipped off by racing post article) how popular our videos were on youtube and how much debate / pleasure it was causing/ giving. I know me, you, Arazi and others posted them for others to share in our love of the sport but RUK only saw the lost £ seeing as it costs a minimum of £20-00 per race to purchase from Racetech the main suppliers (their library aint that great believe me). Like you say 1 day maybe we will be free to share our vids freely as from the feed back its almost impossable to get anything pre 1985 especially as the BBC ITV and CH4 wont let anyone have any footage that belongs to them. Why not let people buy it it can only be good for the sport in the long term as these days if you go into a bookies most of the younger generation dont know anything pre Galileo / Istrabraaq (how totally sad is that for the future of the sport).

Like you say 1 day maybe we will be free to share our vids freely as from the feed back its almost impossable to get anything pre 1985 especially as the BBC ITV and CH4 wont let anyone have any footage that belongs to them. Why not let people buy it it can only be good for the sport in the long term .

I fear you've answered your own question.

Since when has the good of the sport had any bearing over the good of the corporation? I suspect its really that straight forward

Back