Retirements and Departures 2013

I just heard. Unable to have a bet I was sitting here listening to the race and rooting for him as he's been a fav for years I always enjoyed watching..... I was delighted when he won and even said go on my son out loud and got a queer look from her indoors..........Poor connections must be gutted...One minute they'd be elated then next? You can imagine.

R.I.P. Dalkey you were a champ

He was down an awfully long time before they made the decision. They still had the screens up during the next race. My Dad when he was vet there was allowed to give a horse up to 30 mins and then used to get calls via the radio to "shoot the damn thing!" That was in the rather less sensitive 70s & 80s!

They are to be congratulated for their huge efforts in trying to save him. But the instant I saw him hit the deck, I thought "oh god". RIP Matuhi.

The Pipes (fils et pere) are having an absolute nightmare.

Said on TML this morning that they worked on Matuhi for 2 hours and did get him up but he collapsed again. Very sad but said above can't fault their effort.
Fingers crossed for Bog Warrior

France has lost one of its most exciting young jumps stallions after a heart attack claimed the life of Voix Du Nord at Haras Cercy la Tour on Friday.

The son of Valanour, who stood alongside Sprinter Sacre's sire Network, was 12.

Back