Retirements and Departures 2013

One of the most horrendous things I've ever witnessed in a horse race. Truly, truly horrific. Another blow to the King yard.....as if they haven't suffered enough. RIP Bobbyjack.

Grimes death reported in Racing Post today.
A dual Grade 1 hurdler he was the cause of much controversy when entered for Galway hurdle 2000. Had he been given 12 stone as per rules there was no other horse in the handicap; JP did his best to persuade stewards not to exceed 12 stone.
Rated 152 or so they gave him 12-4; he did not run.
In 2001 he was entered in Galway plate. A maiden over fences he was rated 128 and skated in off 10 stone 1 lb.

I liked Grimes. I remember everybody I knew being on him for the Aintree hurdle one year, and he was beaten by a Pipe-trained French horse (checks online) called Ilnamar.

He was a serious tool on form, which was unfortunately quite rare.

Heads Onthe Ground, winner of the cross-country chase at the Cheltenham Festival in 2007, has died at the age of 16.

Welcome to the forum dartsfan11. You have several kinderd spirits here at TH, and there are some threads in the 'Other Sports' section which might interest you.

:cool:

And thank goodness for that. When Ch4 do one of their pre race specials on a horse it seems to often end in tragedy. I watched him all the way round and was relieved to see him at the back of the field at the end of the race. Saw him win at Wetherby the other year. Have a long and happy retirement Nacarat!

Salden Licht, reported as retired earlier, had to be put down late last week due to injuries he incurred at Kempton.

Lanwades Stud has announced the death of stallion Hernando, aged 23. Won French Derby and sired 2 winners of same race.

Catterick is not normally a course which you would associate with fatalities, but sadly there were three yesterday.....No Way Hozay, Soft Spoken Guy and Stop On.

The Lingfield AW also claimed another victim in Crystal Peaks. There have been too many incidents like this for my liking since they renewed the surface, and perhaps this needs looking into.

RIP all four.

An awful fall, and there were two other casualties at Thurles today, Missgiloney and He's A Delight.

Yes; heard the tragic news on TML. What a sad place Ditcheat must be today. Condolences to Clifford Baker and his family.

Back