Road to the 2000 Guineas

Looking at the form of it (very few seemed to run their races) - wouldn't you expect Goldikova and Canford to win by more than 6 lengths?

So you speak for all the posters who only comments after the race are 'won't stay the derby'', then Euro? Sorry but it does look negative to me. Mention of six furlong races like the July Cup to a horse that is favourite for the derby do seem at a minimum negative, if not a bit strange (at this stage anyway).

Anyway enough from me.

It's called post-race analysis; it's only Ardross that goes for cheerleading..

And why this sudden assumption on here this is seemingly the only way he will run? He wins from front so thats only way he can run? Dont think so....

Over 12f he'd be very hard to settle if not allowed to bowl along in front. Sea the Stars travelled like a dream in the Guineas and just did enough basically, didn't have a hard race at all.

TOP STAT: The first three home were the only horses in the race that had a run this season.

Last edited:
TOP STAT: The first three home were the only horses in the race that had a run this season.

And Slim shadey still beat Casamento , Pathfork and Saamidd. Saamidd looks to be grossly overrated .

They ran their races alright they were just blown apart .

:lol:

Wootton Bassett would have gone close on a line through Slim Shadey on their run in Doncaster...

My post race thoughts are,... Ed Dunlop is in form with his three years olds so far this season, something like a 34% win strike rate I think, and plenty of seconds and thirds, so that could partially account for Native Khans performance.

Hannon has a good history of getting horses placed in the Guineas, e.g Redback, Canford Cliffs & Dick Turpin last year. I would not see anything into the race at this stage apart from the performance from Frankel.

Last edited:
Dubawi Gold is a much improved horse and Native Khan is pretty good too . Talk of 142 ratings for Frankel do look a little premature though.

God, the double standards on this forum are truly breathtaking - moderators, you need to be changed.

I get an apology from DVDS2000 in private for his comments to me on a public thread - nothing in public, of course and nothing at all from two other moderators for over two weeks about a reported post that was unacceptable by the stated forum rules (now, belatedly, pulled after this having been pointed out yesterday) and my post, which only contained a true statement, gets deleted and I am told I'm 'provactive' ? Yet personal abuse as evidenced above get ignored and a frankly over the top crude post elsewhere also gets left for all to see.

Sexist doesn't even begin to cover some of the attitudes on here and I am sure this post won't be left for long as it's critical of the way this forum has been going but I am afraid that's it from me. I know my absence will not be noted or even missed as I couldn't give a four x who wins the 4.40 at Wolves - breeding commentaries on here have virtually disappeared and when they do appear, just generate dissension rather than debate and as that's my connection to racing, I have problems enough with the real thing, so virtual hassle I don't need.

Frankel was simply stunning. Though like almost eveyone here I was thinking that is not a Derby winner my overriding thought was wouldn't it be great if he could.
Won't back him but would love to see him win at Epsom. That would be truly memorable.

THink Frankel can hack up over 5f.....or 6f. Think he is a beast, dont think he will stay though given how he keen he races.

What strikes me is the amount of ground he covers in a stride rather than the number of strides. To my eyes that shows power and efficiency and therefore he might have a better chance of staying than a horse that makes more strides!

Well anyway it makes some sense to me.

Better than or the equal of Shergar and Mill Reef, it's a big shout so soon after the race has finished.

As you say, hopefully they will reconsider.

From their Blog on Betfair:

Frankel has been given a provisional Timeform rating of 142 after his astonishing win in Saturday's 2000 Guineas at Newmarket....

His bare performance - in which he beat Dubawi Gold and Native Khan by 6 lengths and half a length, with the rest a very long way adrift - merited a figure of 137.

But the horse was a long way clear for much of the way and Timeform's racecourse reporter Jamie Lynch feels that giving the horse an extra two lengths over the winning margin is fully justified.

I have no problem with 137, but just adding 5lbs for such a flimsy reason is silly. Luckily this seems only one person's view.

Back