Road to the 2000 Guineas

It's been said before but good horses can change distances. You have to ask what is in the derby that would trouble him. He has the speed has he got the stamina? Related to Galileo and Sadwells Wells is not exactly a negative.

Anyway who cares that is the greatist flat performance I've seen in my life, to the naked eye anyway. I could watch that over and over again.

Last edited:
Phenomenal. Very impressive. Not sure he'll get that high a rating though.

No chance in the Derby though. Irish 2000, St James Palace, July Cup?

Its a bit like that Secretariat race. I tend towards the view that so long as its in the breeding, then a horse of that extraordinary ability is very capable of winning top races at a longer distance.

If only everything was this black and white. Frankel wins guineas from start to finish so must be a 6F horse.

I repeat, you are taking the piss aren't you?

Last edited:
If only everything was this black and white. Frankel wins guineas from start to finish so must be a 6F horse.

I repeat, you are taking the piss aren't you?

Are you slow?

You asked me to repeat it once, why do you need to hear it twice?

Phenomenal early speed, maintained it - all the hallmarks of a horse that would achieve his maximum potential over 6f.

Last edited:
He'd be just as good at 6f as a mile, he could basically clean up. But over further than a mile as stamina comes into play he would start slowing down and a good 12f animal would breeze past him. This is not a criticism though.

Just heard a quote saying when Tom Queally took a look between his legs at halfway he was shocked by how far ahead he was!

Interesting that the two who followed him home were milers who had already had runs this year. Pathfork pulled much too hard early doors and the other decent types were middle distance animals who were hopelessly outpaced.

I don't understand the cynasism about any race he might go for including the derby? We'll see in the Dante...

What are you all dissapointed about, that you couldn't all get odds against today?:mad:

Last edited:
Sorry for having an opinion which isn't (on every single occasion):
1. Cecil is perfect.
2. Queally is rubbish.

His form is not 'impregnable' - do you understand the Guineas? It is all about the potential of unexposed horses and he can be beaten. Pathfork, Casamento and Saamidd are all capable of winning.

Impregnable I think .:lol::lol:

I got the feeling Queally was run away with a bit so he decided wisely to let him go . It would be fascinating to compare his sectional times for the first 5f with the Palace House .

The horse stayed a mile well as a 2 yo . I think he would have hacked up whatever way they had ridden him today - to think he is definitely incapable of staying more than a mile is to judge him by the standards of other horses . He is not like other horses .

The interesting thing about the horses in behind is how those that even tried to go with him ended up tailed off - Dubawi Gold was stone last early on and Native Khan also held up .

Casamento , Pathfork and Saamidd all tailed off .

Also fascinating is that the two jockeys on the second and third will ride the two horses he will have to beat Canford Cliffs and Goldikova . It might be a little more difficult to do that to them !!!

Last edited:
I don't understand the cynasism about any race he might go for including the derby? We'll see in the Dante/...

The performance he put in there should have meant he lengthened for the Derby, instead of which he came into 4.2 at one point. None of the cynicism is directed at the horse or his connections.

I'm not disappointed!!

I think everyone's jumping the gun about him not staying - He's settled before off the pace so i'm sure he can do it. I think Queally knew though that he could maintain that kind of pace over a mile so just let him do it... I'm still in shock though!!!

Impregnable I think .:lol::lol:

I got the feeling Queally was run away with a bit so he decided wisely to let him go . It would be fascinating to compare his sectional times for the first 5f with the Palace House .

The horse stayed a mile well as a 2 yo . I think he would have hacked up whatever way they had ridden him today - to think he is definitely incapable of staying more than a mile is to judge him by the standards of other horses . He is not like other horses .

The interesting thing about the horses in behind is how those that even tried to go with him ended up tailed off - Dubawi Gold was stone last early on and Native Khan also held up .

Casamento , Pathfork and Saamidd all tailed off .

Also fascinating is that the two jockeys on the second and third will ride the two horses he will have to beat Canford Cliffs and Goldikova . It might be a little more difficult to do that to them !!!

Christ, you are a tosspot - well done on backing your 1/2 shot..

So you speak for all the posters who only comments after the race are 'won't stay the derby'', oh 'and what a great performance though' then Euro? Sorry but it does look negative to me. Mention of six furlong races like the July Cup to a horse that is favourite for the derby do seem at a minimum negative, if not a bit strange (at this stage anyway).

Anyway enough from me.

Last edited:
Thats so true Ardross. win a mile at 2 and cant go any further at 3? Very much doubt it

And why this sudden assumption on here this is seemingly the only way he will run? He wins from front so thats only way he can run? Dont think so....

Last edited:
Back