Road to the 2000 Guineas

If Frankel is completely the wrong price today, what on earth do we make of SNA's price last year then? At that time he hadnt proved he had trained on and to many observers hadnt grown at all. Far bigger concerns than those surrounding Frankel

Got to be a brave man that would take a stance again the Harrington horses this year imo. As well as Pathfork today she's got Laughing Lashes tomorrow and I noticed a lively outsider for the Oaks in Bible Belt when putting my TTF list together. Seems like this could be a good year for her but hey I'm only amateur don't bite my head off if they all turn out to be mincers!

Good point I think, Clivex.
1. Frankel 2 Pathfork 3. Roderic O Connor - it could all be as easy as that to me.

Last edited:
Harrington is a top class trainer - She's only just started to get better flat horses. The trainer wouldn't be a worry for me.

I think Frankel will win comfortably - we could see something special today. At least 3 lengths.

If Frankel is completely the wrong price today, what on earth do we make of SNA's price last year then? At that time he hadnt proved he had trained on and to many observers hadnt grown at all. Far bigger concerns than those surrounding Frankel

Look through last year's thread - I was incredibly against SNA..

Casamento got so close to Pathfork because of the ground at the Curragh. Pathfork will beat Casamento at least 4 lengths today.

Frankel...

I've opposed FRANKEL and will probably look very stupid in the next hour or so.

His best form last year was on flat galloping tracks and/or on easy ground. This year, he won at Newbury on quicker ground (most horses will like it once) but today he is confronted with Newmarket which is a very different proposition on fast ground.

I think he could become unbalanced going downhill into the dip and not have the time to regain ground up the hill or be vulnerable to something with a better finishing kick on the quicker ground. A lot of horses imply don't enjoy running on the fast fenland turf which will be dry and quick.

I've backed SAAMIDD eachway at 40s and I know he flopped in last year's Dewhurst but I think he could be a lot closer on today's ground.

I have kept topping up Saamidd each way all day, backed him and Casamento in the w/o market, so am strongly with you.

Does he have to? And a bit of close up and then slipping the field has worked well for past epsom winners. Great horses of course

This could be the best miler ive seen.

Back