Road to the 2000 Guineas

God, the double standards on this forum are truly breathtaking - moderators, you need to be changed.

I get an apology from DVDS2000 in private for his comments to me on a public thread - nothing in public, of course and nothing at all from two other moderators for over two weeks about a reported post that was unacceptable by the stated forum rules (now, belatedly, pulled after this having been pointed out yesterday) and my post, which only contained a true statement, gets deleted and I am told I'm 'provactive' ? Yet personal abuse as evidenced above get ignored and a frankly over the top crude post elsewhere also gets left for all to see.

First of all I don't see why you've taken these issues onto the forum. With apologies for dragging the thread off topic your post does, however, merit a response.

You did report a post, a portion of which contravened forum rules. It was clearly missed and should have been taken down at the time; all of the moderators I know are fairly busy, particularly during the week, and this will happen on occasion as I would hope you can accept.

With regards to your post that 'only contained a true statement.' The only statement (whether it was true or not I don't know or care) your post contained was a direct reference to the personal lives of two other forum members which would clearly have caused personal issues to be dragged onto the forum.

As for the 'personal abuse' on this thread, it is inevitable that where people hold strong opinions strong debate will ensue - debate that will sometimes turn argumentative in the heat of the moment (something I have been guilty of myself in the past). My personal opinion inclination is to interfere as little as possible as long as debate remains both within reason and on topic (which it did until your post). There is a clear distinction between occasionally feisty debate and bringing personal issues onto the forum, which simply drag threads off topic and lead to petty digs and personal remarks. Your accusation of sexism is bizarre; it is not that the people posting on this thread are men (I don't know if many are or aren't men), but that they have stuck to discussing racing rather than the personal lives of others.

I’m not sure that most of this is right. They let him go today and must have been confident in his stamina to do that. I think they decided to do this as they knew he was the best and saw no advantage in holding him up in today’s race.

I’m convinced they should go the Dante/Derby route with him. Talk of dropping him back in distance in the July Cup is madness. Sure they will have to ride him differently in the Derby, but I’m convinced he’ll win that if they don’t set him alight early on.

He's as short as 2/1 with bookmakers for the Derby. If they give him the all clear for that he'll go odds-on again.

Last edited:
Why does he need to run in the Dante before the Derby? I can't remember any horse going that route?

Why does he need to run in the Dante before the Derby? I can't remember any horse going that route?

It is the best trial for the Derby and they seem to have decided that the Dante will tell them which race to go for beyond that.

Last edited:
I think it's an absolute no brainer to run the horse in the Derby. They have nothing to lose.

Going to Dante after guineas is a new on eon me too Gearoid. Must have been done, but cant recall it with a top horse

but maybe its not epson they have in mind? especially with the second fav...

French or irish derby maybe? like Old Vic?

One of Henrys greatest talents was finding the precisely the right race regardless of sentiment

Last edited:
I can see why someone says they have nothing to lose if they run him in the Derby and it doesn't work. However, if they run him in the Dante and the Derby, and he loses, then they do lose something, as that would be 4 races by the first week in June.

Going to Dante after guineas is a new on eon me too Gearoid. Must have been done, but cant recall it with a top horse

but maybe its not epson they have in mind? especially with the second fav...

French or irish derby maybe? like Old Vic?

One of Henrys greatest talents was finding the precisely the right race regardless of sentiment

His interview implied he has a path mapped out but obviously he has to keep his cards close to his chest. the hysteria across racing forums and twitter over his next engagement is staggering.

His interview implied he has a path mapped out but obviously he has to keep his cards close to his chest.

I think they want to see what happens with World Domination first. In Canford Cliffs and Goldikova we have two top notchers to measure him against over a mile. Races against those two might define him, not whether or not he clings on in the Derby.

His chances to test himself against older horses come in July/August and onwards. How he performs at Epsom in the first week in June needn't change that.

Even though Frankel appeared to win easily, I feel that the sensational performance he served up today will have taken a bit out of him.

I'd go straight to Epsom.

Sadly the race didn't get a mention on the news. Do the BBC really deserve to cover the race when Scottish Football and Leinster vs Toulouse (seriously) are deemed more newsworthy? Utter cunts.

Wasn't impressed with Racing UK today; bookmaker and sponsor promos being shown instead of the horses for the Guineas.

But that's the way things are going I'm afraid.:mad:

Going to Dante after guineas is a new on eon me

It’s true the races are close together which means that the Guineas/Dante/Derby route is much less common than Guineas/Derby or Dante/Derby. Border Arrow is one that springs to mind though – having finished third in the Guineas he went on to be placed in both the Dante and the Derby.

Not Derby/King George/Arc?? As for the Derby, it's that very ground-covering stride that's so effective on galloping tracks that worries me a bit about an appearance at Epsom, plus the fact that there will be plenty out to spoil the party by trying to box him in. I'm not sure he'd be travelling sweetly if hemmed in and forced to try to modify that freewheeling stride, plus, he's got to manage Tatts Corner and the swooping downhill run, possibly when still covered up by party-poopers.

But all that crap aside, he was just truly stunning today - we applauded the tv screens at Goodwood where I watched, and there followed a brief debate about how NIJINSKY would've eaten him for breakfast, and how NIJINSKY wouldn't have stood a snowball's - everyone loves to talk about him, one way or another. He's also a very eye-catching horse with terrific presence, in the same way that Gorgeous George had.

Back