Road to the 2013 Gold Cup

David Pipe website says that Grands Crus will be scratched from the Gold Cup, but will be left in the Ryanair and the World Hurdle

David Pipe website says that Grands Crus will be scratched from the Gold Cup, but will be left in the Ryanair and the World Hurdle
I'd take a chance on him in the World Hurdle...The Ryanair would be pissing in the wind after what we've seen this season. If he went to Cheltenham fit and healthy and was over the ulcers I think Pipey should go for the World Hurdle. Thats the race for him now and not beyond the realms he could win it on his form from a couple of years ago imo. 20's could be a steal if we knew for sure.

Last edited:
Flemenstar is on antibiotics and may miss the Festival.

Given the owner’s aversion to the Ryanair and the trainer’s scepticism about the Gold Cup I should think it will be the Champ. Chase if he does make it.

Henry de Bromhead has officially scratched Sizing Europe

Sorry to anyone who backed him for the Gold Cup on the basis of my postings.All I can say is the person who my word came from is at the heart of the stable.It will cost me a few hundred quid -including a ton match bet with a close friend of mine regarding which festival race he would run in.

Flemenstar is on antibiotics and may miss the Festival.

Given the owner’s aversion to the Ryanair and the trainer’s scepticism about the Gold Cup I should think it will be the Champ. Chase if he does make it.

Be gutting if he had to miss the Festival. :(

The Nickname comparison I originally scoffed at from Bar is now looking pretty frigging apt. I want him in the Paddy Power next season if he misses Cheltenham and Aintree.

We might yet see him have a go at Sprinter Sacre.....

From the RP

"He's 90 per cent certain to miss Cheltenham. To be honest I'd say it's practically 100 per cent as I can't imagine there would be enough time to have him ready. We will more than likely try to get him ready for the two-and-a-half miler at Aintree [Melling Chase] now. That looks the best option for him.

Sorry to anyone who backed him for the Gold Cup on the basis of my postings.All I can say is the person who my word came from is at the heart of the stable.It will cost me a few hundred quid -including a ton match bet with a close friend of mine regarding which festival race he would run in.

Thats fine Luke: I never listened to you in the first place:D

Last edited:

From the RP

"He's 90 per cent certain to miss Cheltenham. To be honest I'd say it's practically 100 per cent as I can't imagine there would be enough time to have him ready. We will more than likely try to get him ready for the two-and-a-half miler at Aintree [Melling Chase] now. That looks the best option for him.
sprinter won't be in the melling.

From the RP

The Melling would be the ideal race for him - maybe the trainer is much smarter than some on here would have him? :ninja:

Back