Road to the 2013 Gold Cup

He's certainly overpriced. If he didn't practically bank the second last at Ascot, he would probably have won - he would be 7/1 I think in that case.

It's between Long Run and Captain Chris for me... I can't help feeling that Tidal Bay being able to beat SDC is a negative and the ground is surely against Bob's Worth and SC now..

Brilliant race.

What a lovely horse, all heart and all guts, got to love that little horse.

I didn't think he would be involved in the finish the way he looked coming round the top turn, but my word, what a horse.

Great race.

Thought SDC was going to do it approaching 2 out, but hitting the fencw knocked stuffing out of him. Came back gamely up the hill. Well done to the winner though.

Ruby going really well had me pressing the lay button on Sir Des Champs. At that stage I thought he was going to hack up and Bobsworth was beat.

Last edited:
I must admit I felt disappointed to see BW look beaten coming down the hill but even though I was on SDC I was secretly hoping BW would stay on. The decision to back SDC was purely a value decision. In truth I wouldn't really have cared which of the principals won. They're all worthy contenders.

What a lovely horse, all heart and all guts, got to love that little horse.

Im always startled at how small he is. Seems to be made of of zinc or something. So tough> Im with DO here. wanted the little git to get up there because hes a little git

SC didn't jump as well as usually.

Races like this at the most atmospheric venue remind me why this is the best of all racing. Nothing compares. Ive had a disasterous betting week but couldnt give a monkeys after seeing Sprinter live on weds and watching that brilliant GC

SC jumping was flawless up until today,extra pace drew out jumping errors.Bobs worth worthy winner,great staying performance.

Incredible and what an exciting race.

Got to feel a bit sorry for SC but absolutely sure he'd have been outstayed.

Lee

Yes. Fingal Bay apart it's tough to see any of this year's novices giving BW and SDC a lot to worry about next season.

What makes you think Fingal Bay would? Dynaste hammered him and then all over the place afterwards - would imagine you could name your price with the bookmakers. Chalk and cheese in comparison with Bobs Worth.

Back