Road To The 2014 QM Champion Chase

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Glad I didn't get a ticket yet, it would have only been to see him again. Bugger and fart. Please anything other than captain Conan win....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get a ticket to see him...or rather a friend did! It's still Cheltenham though and maybe a chance to see a good race even if it's not as overwhelming as seeing SS cruise round.....

Still such a shame though.

Nx

Revised William Hill betting on the QM: 11-8 Sire De Grugy, 4-1 Arvika Ligeonniere, 5-1 Benefficient, 6-1 Captain Conan & Al Ferof, 8-1 bar

Yep . must leave menorah as third fav in the race. On @ 16/1 in multi e/w :thumbsup:

Your Hoping there baracouda, no prep race before the king George and cooked with five fences to run, something amiss, trainer been very coy with him.

Wont even move in the market because it wont show...turning into a spring horse....

Cue Card must be re routed to this now surely and he'd win it.
i mentioned this back in december after sprinter's race at kempton. ryanair would still be perfect for him but if they wanted to land a championship race i firmly believe he'd have more chance in this than the gold cup.

Agreed James-he'd hand that field their arses.From a Selfish point of view I'm nervous about my al Ferof bet for the Ryanair now although he hasn't the toe for this.Hinterland will go here now I'd have thought.Blows a few of the races wide open now

Last edited:
About time there was a bit of drama going on... Personally I backed AL at 12s as I suspect he may have improved from last year and hopefully has ironed out his jumping... Cue all the "I backed so and so" posts at "price"

28 of the last 30 Champion Chase winners won beyond 2m2f or over CD. Big negative for Sire de Grugy who has floundered on the hill already.

Your Hoping there baracouda, no prep race before the king George and cooked with five fences to run, something amiss, trainer been very coy with him.

Wont even move in the market because it wont show...turning into a spring horse....

Only Silviniaco DC and Cue card ran well in that KG race everything else in the field underperformed that day. Was Menorah first run back as you say. The trainer retains faith in his ability.

It would be madness to run Cue Card - everyone seems to have forgotten that he was off the bridle a long way out in the Haldon Gold Cup over 2m 2f and that is why they stepped him up in trip.

Last edited:
Back