Road to the Champion Hurdle 2023

I'm with you mate I have nothing against you and in fact rate your posts better than many. If we disagree we disagree but it has never been personal with me.

Thanks for that Tanlic. Listen, doing an AOB thing there:D, I know we have had fall outs, and you do wind me up sometimes with how you treat people. You probably think the same about me. I dropped a major bollock falling out with DG, being not one of my finer moments, in fact, fookin stupid on my behalf. We can move forward I think. I was expecting you to come all guns blazing after what I said about you, but you haven't. That tells me a lot. Lets just talk racing Tanlic, it is what we both do from different angles, you have so much more experience within racing than I will ever have. I would just ask you out of interest, how old are you? I'm 66 now, feeling it too:), I am guessing you may be a similar age. We have the whole of the new season in front of us, so much to look forward to eh?

Just to add Tanlic. Will you give DO a bit of slack? I know you don't rate his approach, you like your shorties, DO plays the longer shots. It is obvious a lot of his darts will miss just because he goes for the bigger prices. He is a really decent guy you know, he shares his knowledge totally unselfishly. Maurice is one of the good guys you know, he doesn't deserve anyones disses. Just a thought eh? Life is too short for aggro in any form tbh.

Back to the thread..Night Nurse for me:D

That what you just did there shows you don't value input from an individual in the past that has had put value to this forum. I have made 300 times the input you have to all the past Champion Hurdle threads and many others. I was a main contributor on here for many a year. Yet you make a post like that as though I have sh1t on your chips one day. I'm disappointed in you chap, I thought you were better than that. I won't be bothering you again, so no need for any separate threads. My goodness I thought better of certain people on here, what a mistake. Don't worry An Capall, I won't mess on your garden again. Unreal. Now you can carry on your puritanical chat about how many lengths CH will win by. I always thought you were one of the good guys on here, how wrong was I. Did you think that was a wise contribution on your behalf? seriously? If you do, then wow. Poor judgement chap, seriously. You don't mind blatant bullying on here then? I don't really care what your answer is now tbh. You will make a post like that but allow bullying of a long term member with no comment. Strange values you hold, no? Why don't you call out blatant bullying? Yet get involved in this which is nothing really.

I have sent you a PM AC, I was out of order here.

Don’t think she’s regressed.

I think she was at the absolute upper limit of her stamina on that ground, and just got outstayed.

she regressed a bit last year and was nobody good enough to take advantage imo. worth noting she beat teahuppo by 33l at cheltenham and 25l at punchestown though. i realise its different distance and conditions today but that's a hell of a form turnaround to suggest at least some regression. unless the elliott horse is just a massive improver.

i hope they give her another crack at 2 miles though before considering retirement, something that was mentioned if she ever looked like she was past her best.

I honestly don’t think a Hattons Grace on very soft ground has any bearing on the Champion Hurdle.

Constitution Hill still wins, but the onky thing I saw go today, was Honeysuckle’s unbeaten record. I still think it was a really good run from her.

The one thing with mares Nick is that when they decide its time, it usually is

I'd imagine we see her at DRF and then they decide

PJ, she’s beaten under 3L by a G1 winning hurdler, and another who loves heavy ground that’s probably improved for the trip. It’s not like she’s sulked and been hammered out the park. In pure form terms, today’s effort is probably better than her run in the same race when she beat Ronald Pump.

On my viewing, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest today, that she’s gone at the game - or on the verge of being so.

I'm going to cash out if I can..doubles my money.

Damn shame it's come to this but there has to be a chance HDB is preparing her differently this season.

She's never had an opponent like CH to face so slowly away and peak on the big day....if she makes it that is.

No matter what she has done wonders for them.

When you see Walters & Co paying 220K for Alfie's Princess and she can't win a NH flat race at lowly Huntingdon it puts how lucky they are into perspective

PJ, she’s beaten under 3L by a G1 winning hurdler, and another who loves heavy ground that’s probably improved for the trip. It’s not like she’s sulked and been hammered out the park. In pure form terms, today’s effort is probably better than her run in the same race when she beat Ronald Pump.

On my viewing, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest today, that she’s gone at the game - or on the verge of being so.

I agree with you completely let's hope Henry does too:)

She looked a bit flat all the way round to me until picking up on the home turn but to see her fold like that was disappointing albeit she did against Ronald Pump a bit in 2021. I tend to agree let’s see what happens at the DRF and whether any issue comes to light .

I thought the same..I actually backed her in a short priced double with England and at halfway I wasn't happy.

I'm on the same page re her defeat.

Hurricane Fly scraped home first time up in the Royal Bond from a mare he beat by half the track a few weeks later.

Even Kauto was beaten one year first time out..it really means very little to the best horses 9 times out of 10

Back