Road to the Champion Hurdle 2023

Was that 10 lengths? Could have been double that if he’d wanted. Really delighted we saw the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have said it before and i will say it again this horse is as good as Arkle himself was.

If Timeform don't give a rating higher than any other hurdler they should close their doors.

Nicky , Nico and Michael have no need to weep yet for unlike Alexander The Great they have more worlds to conquer.
Time is running out for Nicky and Michael (on a drip yesterday) so plough new furrows please .

Let the dream continue.

Logically speaking a Horse who destroyed a 2 times Champion Hurdle winner who just put up the perfomance of her life in the Mares Hurdle.

I'd say that stacks up to the best perfomace ever seen in a Champion Hurdle

For Those in need of a big number , am sure Timeform will be friendly to you

Did anyone else have flashbacks of Annie Power as he accelerated into the final hurdle and then took off.....

Did anyone else have flashbacks of Annie Power as he accelerated into the final hurdle and then took off.....

As usual I closed my eyes as he jumped the fence and, having watched the replay I’m glad that I did. How cool is Nico!

Timeform say he remains unchanged from 177p because of the time compared to the Supreme.

Stupid is as stupid does.

That looks like a literal interpretation based on beating State Man (167) 9 lengths (10lbs). It takes no account of how much CH had in reserve.

CH has probably done more in a serious piece of work than he did today. I think one of the jockeys said the pace slowed right down after the second before picking up again later on. Had they gone the way they had in last year's Supreme there's every chance he'd have been much more convincing.

I was only in primary school when Arkle and Sea Bird were strutting their stuff so to have been able to appreciate Frankel and now this beast is something I can cherish. (I reckon I'll be deid n burrit by the time grandkids come along.)

That looks like a literal interpretation based on beating State Man (167) 9 lengths (10lbs). It takes no account of how much CH had in reserve.

CH has probably done more in a serious piece of work than he did today. I think one of the jockeys said the pace slowed right down after the second before picking up again later on. Had they gone the way they had in last year's Supreme there's every chance he'd have been much more convincing.

I was only in primary school when Arkle and Sea Bird were strutting their stuff so to have been able to appreciate Frankel and now this beast is something I can cherish. (I reckon I'll be deid n burrit by the time grandkids come along.)
Even off a steady early pace the Supreme was more than 5 secs slower than CH's last year - on reportedly the same soft ground.
As years go by their ratings have less and less credibility.

They don't produce Annuals anymore so **** em mostly but I've always thought their Jumps ratings were more off than the flat. Long Run, the two at the top. Ridiculous.

That was something special, when Nico was pulling him up, it didn't even look like CH had a bother on him, almost like he had just done a bit of rudimentary work at home.

I had a massive smile on my face as he sauntered up the hill after the last, absolutely incredible performance, what a horse, honoured to have been able to see that.

Back